|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||September 10, 2020|
Coin and Clearing Networks (CCN) is a newly established product line at J.P. Morgan Chase and Co. The product line is a part of the Wholesale Payments business unit. We are a global team of product designers, technologists, and innovators, joined together by a passion for transforming the way payments are done. We are tasked with providing our clients with new age cash management and payment products. As a Vice President you will assist with the product strategy focusing on the next generation coin and clearing infrastructure built on blockchain.
- What you will be doing
We are currently in the process of executing on an innovation agenda that has the potential to shape the world of commerce – via JPM Coin. We are seeking a talented VP to assist with the product strategy and set the direction that helps us chart our path through these emerging spaces and the future of commerce. You will help drive the prioritization of ideas, analysis of concepts, and be a voice to guide where to focus our time and resources. You will be working closely with senior management to help clearly communicate our vision and drive our path to get where we want to go.
You are a great fit if:
- Solving the gap between the “status quo” and the “future” excites you!
- You are a multi-disciplinary and enjoy working in wholesale payments space with a love for blockchain
- You enjoy launching blockchain based “wholesale money” solutions
- And you are excited about building blockchain payment solutions, which exist on the periphery of mainstream industry and challenge the status quo, from the ground-up.
- What excites us
- 5+ years of experience in consulting, data analytics, or finance plus significant work in a strategy setting
- Strategic thinker – You have the ability to conceptualize the big picture, prioritize, and connect the dots across business areas to ensure we develop the highest impact solutions for our clients
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance - be an owner. From concept to shipping
- A natural collaborator who thrives in building solutions alongside your cross functional partners—you are amazing at building consensus across thorny issues; you can be personable yet persistent
- Driven by insatiable curiosity and willingness to learn – a steep learning curve doesn’t scare you, but excites you!
- You’re excited to challenge the status quo and drive change, not only in wholesale banking, but in the world of commerce more broadly
- A broad understanding of blockchain, preferably within a financial context
- A broad understanding of cryptocurrencies, fiat backed stable coin, Central Bank Digital Currencies (‘CBDC’s) and value movement on blockchain
- An in-depth understanding of wholesale payments focusing domestic, cross border and offshore clearing for USD and FX transactions.
- For the above, the candidate should have a good understanding of the industry, key market players, trends and be able to articulate potential pitfalls / solutions
- A good understanding of technology, though not essential for the role as they are more than likely going to be dealing with internal business stakeholder across front office / sales, product in payments, legal, compliance, risk, etc.