|Date Posted||May 2, 2021|
Company is looking for a VP of Growth & Operations with strong analytical, strategic planning, and communications acumen. This person will be the CEO’s trusted partner, in parallel with other senior leadership, formulating and executing a strategic plan for the next level of growth within Company. This role will oversee the 360 execution of the company’s strategic plan from editorial strategy to eCommerce and audience monetization. Role requires the ability to jointly craft the high-level strategic vision, and leadership skills to build consensus within the company to execute the plan. The VP of Growth & Operations will be responsible for leading transformational growth initiatives. The ideal candidate loves a good challenge, has a high-level of business acumen, is data-driven, and thrives in a dynamic environment. The role requires extensive experience in the digital media or eCommerce space and is a leader who is not afraid to and still enjoys getting their hands dirty.
- Develop actionable execution plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term strategic objectives developed in tandem with the CEO
- Understand broader media production and marketing opportunities to expand and monetize our audience
- Development of key growth areas with potential to deliver significant enterprise value - new eCommerce product lines and partnerships, performance ad sales, audience gamification, subscriptions, blockchain, etc.
- Work closely with the current executive team to define the optimal execution roadmap and resource allocation to achieve strategy
- Collaborate with CEO on editorial strategy, platform expansion, audience development and monetization
- Take an entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing innovative ideas that will stretch the organization
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key partners and stakeholders
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization wide goal setting
- Define corporate KPIs and tracking across company departments
- 5+ years' senior management and leadership experience
- Deep operational experience and business acumen in eCommerce, digital media, audience development, editorial operations, and / or social media
- Experience developing and growing audiences on major tech platforms
- Digital audience monetization experience (branded and performance advertising, eCommerce, loyalty programs, subscription)
- Proven eCommerce experience: business development, merchandising new product lines, customer acquisition, supply chain optimization, etc.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty; able to adapt and lead others through complex situations
- Proven ability to have hard conversations at all levels with tact and care
- Naturally connects and builds strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly
- Proven leadership, personal integrity and charisma to build consensus with colleagues
- Someone who leads by example and drives performance with an aim of continuous improvement
- Interested in and capable of working at both 5 feet and 50,000 feet
- A bias towards action
- Values that align with Company