|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||July 18, 2020|
The VP of Engineering will grow and lead our talented engineering team to build consumer facing products, applications, and the SDK on the AVA platform.
Company makes it simple to launch finance applications using blockchain technology–with highly scalable and efficient networks, customizable public and private blockchains, the capability to create any digital asset, and more. We are empowering people to build an open, simple, and democratic internet of finance.
We are looking for someone with extensive expertise in both the technical and management functions of running an engineering team, and a track record of delivering critical features and products on-time.
- Lead AVA’s engineering team to ensure timely delivery of impactful solutions
- Drive engineering team growth
- Sharpen in-house processes to standardize approaches to code delivery
- Respond quickly to challenges and feedback, and proactively anticipate needs for different teams and projects
- Balance business needs with technical deadlines to support business growth
What You'll Bring:
- 2+ of engineering management experience
- 4+ years of full stack engineering experience
- Interest in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space
- Previous experience with payments application (Square, Paypal, Venmo) development and a plus
- High level product knowledge of the Avalanche Protocol and what makes it unique
- Familiarity with public key infrastructure protection mechanism, HSM technology and cryptographic protocols
- Strong problem-solving ability and ability to quickly pick up new knowledge
- Ability to nurture and build out the engineering team
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Software Development, Electrical Engineering or a related area