|Date Posted||May 2, 2021|
Company is seeking a high energy, innovative, imaginative, and experienced Vice President of Business Development (BD) to join our BD Department in Reston, VA. The successful candidate will support BD activities across the company and manage, with a specific focus on marketing and capturing business related to the company’s digital transformation services and offerings. The successful candidate will possess deep understanding of the full BD life cycle (e.g., Account Management, Capture, and Proposal Development) and federal civilian contracting). The preferred candidate will have proven experience in establishing and maintaining continuous dialogues with government representatives at all levels to further achievement of corporate BD goals and objectives. The preferred candidate will have specific experience and contacts with one or more of the following agencies: US Department of Agriculture (USDA), Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Department of Treasury, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and/or other civil agencies. The preferred candidate will also possess deep experience in and knowledge of digital transformation and information technology; knowledge of recent technology trends, to include artificial intelligence, machine learning, Robotic Process Automation, and blockchain. The successful candidate will possess superior verbal and written communication skills, have demonstrated experience and skill in operating in and leading collaborative teams, and thrive in the intense federal business development environment. The successful candidate will report to the Chief Growth Officer.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform all relevant tasks associated with full lifecycle business development (e.g., account and capture management, proposal development, and development of service offerings).
- Develop, coordinate, and execute assigned campaign and associated account plans and develop specific opportunities that support Company’s Corporate Strategy and Business Plan. This includes formulating and delivering the communication and implementation of integrated BD capture and proposal strategies that clearly highlight Company’s value propositions and discriminators that provide customers compelling reasons to select Company.
- In collaboration with General Managers, operational account managers, designated technical experts, other business development executives, and assigned consultants perform the following: Identify, lead, and capture corporate level business opportunities to support corporate growth goals; and develop win strategies, technical and management solutions, competitive assessments, teaming strategies, pricing recommendations, communications plans, action plans, and execution plans for the opportunities assigned.
- Develop and maintain high quality relationships with current and target customers, to include conducting continuous dialogues in furtherance of Company business campaign and account plans and specific business pursuits.
- Identify industry partners, including next generation technology vendors.
- Lead and support, as directed, proposal management activities to support RFP, RFQ, Task Order or RFI responses. This includes the following: Create response templates, create, and manage calendars, create, and manage B&P budget, direct graphic designers and desk top publishers, as required, and support production for final submission to the government agency.
- 10+ years’ experience performing and managing full life cycle BD in an information technology professional services firm(s), with a concentration in civilian government agencies, particularly HHS, DHS, USDA, IRS, SBA, and Department of Treasury,
- 10+ years’ hands-on experience in Federal government agency-related account and capture management, and proposal development.
- 7+ years’ experience capturing and managing IDIQs and/or BPAs associated with federal civil agencies, such as OASIS, CIO SP3, ALLIANT 2, and GSA Schedules.
- Demonstrated experience and skill in customer management/relationship building skills, to include establishing and maintaining continuous customer dialogues.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise as a strategic thinker who can grasp, articulate, and plan the “big picture” in the context of the corporate strategy and associated business plan while concurrently being able to plan and implement related detailed technical and administrative tasks required to complete assigned BD actions.
- Demonstrated skills in developing proposal solutions, win themes, staffing analysis, and price-to-win (PTW) analyses.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the companies supporting Federal agencies and demonstrated capability to draw on industry contacts to build partnerships in support of business pursuits.
- Demonstrated ability and leadership traits to operate in an intense, rapid-pace competitive business environment characterized by the following: respond to continually changing requirements; plan and execute BD tasks rapidly; operate in a collaborative team framework; and rapidly learn and apply new skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to lead company personnel, teaming partners, and consultants effectively to achieve assigned BD tasks.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Project and capacity to quickly learn to use GovWin and Company’s SharePoint and CRM.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills; expertise in writing documents, to include proposals and in delivering presentations in a highly dynamic environment.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline
- Desired: Current Secret or higher clearance or ability to obtain a clearance
- Desired: PMP
Desired Interpersonal Skills:
- Ability to operate in an intense, rapid-pace competitive business environment characterized by the following: respond to continually changing requirements; plan and execute business development tasks rapidly; operate in a collaborative team framework; and rapidly learn and apply new skills and knowledge.
- Ability to operate as a member of a company team in a manner that fosters high morale, collaboration, and mutual respect among members – all while accomplishing assigned tasks.
- Team player with a positive, enthusiastic attitude and is comfortable and effective working in a diverse, small business, matrixed corporate setting.
- Self-starter, highly innovative, and possess strong skills in organizing and managing time across multiple tasks; capable of working independently.