|Date Posted||February 3, 2020|
The Chief Financial Officer of Shared Services will provide financial leadership and decision support across Providence St. Joseph Health System’s Shared Services totaling $3 billion in spend. Shared Services includes Information Services, Human Resources, Real Estate, Revenue Health, Clinical Care and Personalized Health, Strategy, Innovation, and Executive Council. This role will also provide decision support for a portfolio of ancillary businesses, including genomics lab, specialty pharmacy, a Blockchain startup, a university, a high school and numerous healthcare related service companies and joint ventures. This portfolio of ancillary businesses is a key strategic growth lever to deliver $1B in EBIDA ($4-5B in revenues) by 2023. This position will help create direction of financial strategy, forecasting and budgeting, including:
- Advising Executive Council members and their senior leadership teams (SVPs/VPs), regarding growth strategy, capital portfolio, productivity and affordability.
- Ensuring the organization meets all operating and capital targets, proper accounting treatment, prospective budget change orders, and efficient expense management.
- Making recommendations regarding policies and procedures, and changes to the accounting system to ensure proper financial management, internal controls, and timely reporting of all financial management activities, both internal and external.
In addition, as we modernize our operating models, this role will play a strategic role working with global partners to drive workforce initiative for Finance, Revenue Cycle and Information Services.
The Chief Financial Officer of Shared Services reports directly to the GVP Finance for Providence FP&A. The leader will lead a team of executive directors, directors, finance managers and financial analysts.
This position will interact with peers in both finance (Accounting, A/P, Decision Support, and Finance Continual Quality Improvement, Financial Planning, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Payroll) and Executive Leadership.
The Chief Financial Officer of Shared Services will be responsible for the following responsibilities:
- Manage the budget and forecast for Shared Services
- Provide financial and business case support, as needed, for key improvement initiatives, capital projects, Mergers & Acquisitions, capital action planning, and the long range plan.
- Play a critical role in the design, development, negotiation and business case for shared service future operating models.
- Manage and lead an awesome team of 20 to 25 finance professionals. Provide best-in-class coaching, support and leadership.
- Develop and manage continuous improvement of forecast, close and management reporting processes.
- Optimize finance shared services’ resources through efficient organizational structure and infrastructure of policy and procedures.
- Coordinate and publish a Shared Service monthly report for the Executive Council.
- Actively support and incorporate the mission and core values into daily activities. Treats all others with respect and demonstrates excellence, justice and compassion in daily work and relationships with others.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to patients, medical staff, employees, and as appropriate, other information.
- Demonstrate service excellence and positive interpersonal relations in dealing with others, including patients/families/members, employees, managers, medical staff, volunteers, and community members, so that productivity and positive relations are maximized.
Above all, we are looking for a servant leader whose personal and professional background demonstrates a genuine passion for the mission and core values of Providence St. Joseph Health. You have a style that emphasizes openness, collaboration, visibility, and connectivity. A strong, confident, results-oriented, and decisive leader with the capacity to balance the big picture and strategic perspective with a focus on operations and the details of execution. You can articulate how your work improves healthcare delivery in the communities that we serve.
- Master’s of Business Administration preferred, Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience is required.
- A minimum of 12 years’ combined financial management experience, including significant exposure to senior-level leadership roles.
- Experience in a large organization, with multiple locations and/or regions in distinct markets, is preferred.
- People management experience with demonstrated excellence in developing and motivating teams.
- Demonstrated executive presence with strong oral and written communication skills with a keen ability to distill complex analyses into impactful, yet simple and concise stories.
- Ability to collaborate and be comfortable with dealing with ambiguity, influencing across multiple complex organizations, and creating effective business partnerships.
- A sense of humor and ability to see the positive in “red” metrics is an added bonus.