|Date Posted||October 15, 2020|
Company’s Vice President of Cyber Operations is the primary senior cyber security executive responsible for all activities associated with the protect, defend, respond, and recover functions across the enterprise cyber security program. The VP of Cyber Operations must understand Company’s business, technology, and its surrounding ecosystems, and develop an operational security program that ensures the least possible risk to the company. A key aspect of this role will be to design and operate best-in-class threat, vulnerability and malicious code management programs, an advanced security operations and threat hunting center, and an elite threat fusion and incident response team using internal hires and external providers.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving, well-funded startup with big ambitions. In addition to doing ground breaking work, this role will be pivotal in establishing a culture of open thinking, positive communication, and continuous learning. We are looking for the best and brightest to take our platform to the next level.
- Top executive stakeholder, leading expert, and single point of accountability for Company’s portfolio of enterprise cyber security program initiatives supporting internal security operations, threat and vulnerability management, incident response, end point protection, and cloud / container security.
- Supports and drives the strategy for all protect, defend, respond, and recover functions within this area of the enterprise security program and directs internal teams and external vendors towards desired goals and outcomes.
- Responsible for enterprise-wide vulnerability and malicious code management programs, desktop and mobile endpoint protection, network security, and 24 x 7 security operations. Works to develop and mature internal and external (outsourced) capabilities to support these areas.
- Ensures organizational readiness for incident management and response, including the ability to detect, analyze, respond to, and recover from, security events and incidents.
- Proactively conducts red team operations and security research enterprise-wide to detect problems and improve security maturity and hygiene.
- Manages a broad open source and deep and dark web threat intelligence portfolio and integrates it across all functions as required.
- Establishes clear priorities for security teams and executes strategies for successful fulfillment of projects for the based-on risk, benefits, and alignment with company strategies and objectives.
- Identifies opportunities and long-range security and risk improvement strategies within the business unit. Reports to the CISO and Executive Committee on progress on a monthly basis.
- Collaborates with the application and security architects to discuss potential solutions that match the business strategy with the technology Security Architecture strategy.
- Liaises with external technology vendors and manages Service Level Agreements as needed.
- Builds effective relationships and communications with all internal stakeholders.
- Stays abreast of industry trends across security, blockchain, financial services, and the tech landscape and consults accordingly.
- 8+ years of proven experience and demonstrated success in technology leadership with emphasis on information security, infrastructure services, security operations, incident response, and security testing or research.
- Strong technical background and ability to demonstrate competency in numerous technical security domains.
- Demonstrated experience with current automated and human-driven approaches to vulnerability identification management, threat collection, hunting and analysis, security analytics, and incident management. Proven ability to implement leading COTS and Open Source tools and effective processes to ensure continuous monitoring and situational awareness.
- Proven and experience managing diverse teams of security professionals.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Information Security or related field or equivalent experience; MS preferred.
- Technical security industry certifications, such as SANS GIAC, OSCP, or similar are a plus.
- Strong, executive level oral and written communication skills with strong technical background. technology sufficiently to clearly communicate the complexity in simple terms for key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple, complex technology projects and leading project teams with a record of high customer satisfaction.
- Results orientation with proven ability to mobilize and energize large, complex cross-functional teams to implement creative out of the box solutions
- Strong bias toward customer service and improving the overall customer experience.
- Strong business acumen, leadership skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence all levels within an organization, most importantly at the senior executive level.
- Proven ability to work with competing resources, budget limitations, and strong conflict management skills.
- Proven ability to manage large, unstructured issues, organizing them into solvable, prioritized projects designed to meet over-arching goals across the organization while leading multiple large, complex projects and working directly with customers.
- Ability to present information in a variety of different formats and influences all levels of the organization, including senior executives.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to develop individuals to their optimal potential
- Some global travel is required for this position to build and maintain relationships and address critical support needs. Must be willing to travel up to 30% of the time, occasionally on short notice.
- Well versed in information security industry best practices on Cloud-based environments, software testing, security operations centers, and red teaming.