|Date Posted||August 7, 2020|
Since 1979, TxMQ has been building, integrating, managing, supporting and securing critical business systems and data for large and mid-market enterprise customers. TxMQ’s Disruptive Technologies Group (DTG) was established in 2017 to provide consulting services and development capabilities to our customers in emerging technologies. DTG currently has a heavy focus on implementing solutions that leverage blockchain or distributed ledger technology. DTG is an engaging, fast-paced environment where technological change is expected and embraced. Our developers and technical leads have a unique opportunity to work with cutting-edge emerging technologies, each with the potential to explode into the next big thing.
Our Technical Leads play a key role within DTG. Technical Leads are client-facing, and work directly with customers throughout the lifecycle of an engagement. Technical leads own primary responsibility for the design, development, and delivery of software solutions for our customers. They are responsible for the day-to-day task management of development teams, and coordinate with project managers and account managers to ensure visibility for our customers. They mentor junior developers and work to improve quality and broaden capabilities across DTG. They are expected to be able to quickly learn new technologies and techniques proactively, and to pass that knowledge on to the group.
Technical Leads are also actively engaged with prospects during the sales process. They collaborate with business development resources to build and deliver sales presentations, gather customer requirements, and generate assessments and estimates. Occasional travel is required for sales meetings, project kickoffs, and handoffs.
All of our developers are expected to be good communicators, to manage their time effectively, and to have a passion for what they do. For Technical Leads, these are critical capabilities. Candidates who lack these skills will not be successful in this role. We expect our Technical Leads to be the people who find a way to make it happen. Wherever the gaps open, our Technical Leads find a way to plug those gaps.
Blockchain and Distributed Ledger consulting is the primary focus of the Disruptive Technologies Group. These are emerging technologies, and we don’t expect good Technical Lead candidates to have experience with DLT today. We do expect that our technical leads will work to acquire a thorough understanding of this space right out of the gate, and that our technical leads will invest in broadening their DLT knowledge and skillsets on an ongoing basis.
Technical Leads with good consulting skills and broad backgrounds in “traditional” application development and enterprise architecture have the opportunity to play a leading role in a cutting-edge space.
• Own the day-to-day delivery of software products for our customers. Serve as the technical point of contact for DTG and customer resources.
• Manage developer’s task lists, and ensure that tasks are properly tracked in Jira. Manage project status, risks, and fluctuations in scope and timeline.
• Serve as application architect and lead technical resource for your projects. Coordinate with junior and senior level developers assigned to your teams and ensure that work products meet requirements and quality standards, and adhere to best practices.
• Collaborate with business development resources and DTG leadership to develop sales and marketing materials.
• Work with business development resources to engage with prospective customers. Assist in the creation and delivery of sales presentations. Conduct assessment calls and prepare assessments and estimates for project work.
• Assist in the development, testing, and delivery of applications according to your skillset. Technical Leads are expected to write code.
• Conduct code reviews and manage the application codebase in Git (Atlassian Bitbucket).
• Manage releases of software to customers and coordinate testing of work products.
• Mentor developers and aspiring Technical Leads.
• Work to acquire knowledge and skills related to Distributed Ledger Technology.
• Work to acquire knowledge and skills in disciplines related to DLT or in other emerging technologies, such as Internet of Things, cognitive, AI, machine learning, big data, information security, and distributed systems.
• BS in computer science or related degree
• 6+ years of experience in application development, with 10+ years preferred.
• 2+ years of client-facing consulting experience.
• Previous experience managing development teams
• Strong knowledge of application architecture, especially architectures typically used in enterprise application development. Technical Leads need to have the capability to architect applications that sit comfortably in customers’ technical ecosystems.
• Demonstrate senior-level development capabilities in at least one language or environment.
• Working knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases
• Working knowledge of enterprise authorization and authentication, such as OAuth, LDAP, Active Directory, and single sign-on.
• Working knowledge of REST API design principals, experience designing REST APIs.
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong time management skills. Technical Leads are expected to balance delivery, sales, practice building, and skill building against deadlines and budgets on a day-to-day basis.
• Be familiar with agile development methodologies
• Be familiar with task management software, Atlassian Jira preferred.
• Experience with DevOps methodologies and tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, BitBucket, Nexus, etc.
• Be familiar with virtualization technologies: VMWare, Docker, etc.
• Be familiar with one or more cloud platforms: Azure, AWS, IBM Cloud
• Demonstrate a passion and ability for learning new technologies