|Published||March 11, 2023|
Tech Policy Manager
London - Hybrid working 2 days in the office and 3 from home.
Overall Purpose of the role of Tech Policy Manager
This role will work with the Head of Technology Policy and wider ICAEW teams to deliver on ICAEW's Tech priorities and its strategic objectives including mastering technology and data and supporting the transformation of trade and the economy.
The purpose of the role will be to help develop, commission, manage and deliver thought leadership, policy and member guidance on issues relating to tech and how such matters impact upon the work of ICAEW Chartered Accountants, business, and society.
Join our team as Tech Policy Manager
Be part of a fantastic team influencing technology policy and helping accountants explore the use of technology to achieve business goals and benefit society.
Responsibilities of Tech Policy Manager
- Work with the Head of Tech Policy to develop and manage a high quality workstream on tech policy issues, including commissioning and managing work from expert third parties, to enhance ICAEW's impact and influence in this policy space.
- Work with the Head of Tech Policy on the production of insightful and effective responses to official consultations and calls for evidence on matters relating to tech policy, such as government, select committee and regulatory consultations.
- Work closely with other parts of ICAEW, including the Data Analytics and Tech team, to align and coordinate delivery of tech content in policy, thought leadership and member support through ICAEW communities and other channels.
- Research and analyse trends relating to tech in business and the economy such as Artificial Intelligence, Cyber Security and Blockchain and assist with developing and commissioning high quality content to the benefit of ICAEW's members and in the public interest.
- Develop and maintain external and internal stakeholder relationships and networks to facilitate development and delivery of relevant technology content.
- Work with the Head of Tech Policy with running and managing relevant boards and forums
- Specific duties will vary from time to time in line with the business needs.
The postholder will be expected to contribute in a collaborative way to the delivery of ICAEW's Strategic Plan and the Department's objectives.
Canddidate Requirements of Tech Policy Manager
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, attributes, and experience:
- A good standard of education is essential, with relevant professional qualification.
- Experience in tech policy, obtained through work in research, business, practice, think tanks, trade associations or other professional bodies is desirable.
- Excellent motivation and project management skills, with the proven ability to devise, develop, commission, manage and deliver high quality work on tech matters.
- Demonstrable written, presentational and communication skills, including an ability to make complex, technical issues accessible and understood to a range of audiences.
- Excellent inter-personal collaborative skills, with the ability to work with chartered accountants and experts within and outside of ICAEW to create innovative and thought-provoking content on tech policy.
- Demonstrable ability to work across teams and departments to help deliver not only Reputation & Influence's objectives, but ICAEW's strategic and operational objectives.
ICAEW values - for all employees, including Tech Policy Manager
The 3 i's are the values that drive everyone's attitude and approach to working at ICAEW. They help us to collaborate, innovate and be an agile organisation.
- Actively collaborate to identify needs and look for innovative solutions.
- Bring together different groups and communities to work together.
- Empower people to be agile, so they can take ownership and harness the collective efforts of ICAEW in a flexible and responsive way.
- Actively gather insights to develop innovative and considered thought.
- Collaborate with our networks to voice different perspectives and insights internally and externally, to stimulate discussion and debate.
- Be agile in finding new and timely ways to provide understanding and insight to our members, organisations, and government.
- Act with transparency, consistency and openness as integrity underpins everything we do.
- Stand by your principles to adhere to the highest professional standards even when facing adversity.
- Do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
Our department: Reputation & Influence(Tech Policy Manager department)
The Tech Faculty sets the strategic direction of ICAEW's technology work including considering how current and future technology trends will impact the role of accountants and working with policy makers and regulators to influence technology policy.
Why work at ICAEW as Tech Policy Manager?
At ICAEW we offer a comprehensive benefit package which enables our employees to choose from a range of options including:
24 days holiday, increasing with service and the ability to buy or sell holiday.
Group personal pension plan with an employer contribution of 9%,
Private medical insurance (after two years or if applicable)
An additional day off at Christmas
Potential to work from home and our offices
Season ticket travel loans
As well as offering employee benefits, we truly believe in creating a diverse and empowering culture where our teams can thrive and be themselves. We support sustainability, corporate and social responsibility campaigns and encourage our employees to take a day to work for a cause of their choice, or to work collaboratively as a team in doing this. We nominate and support two charities every year and run all manner of events to raise money. Our active social committees provide fun events ranging from the seasonal parties to quiz nights and bowling tournaments.
Should you wish to apply to this very exciting Tech Policy Manager working at the ICAEW, please follow the link below and complete our own application form on our website. Failure to complete and submit this application form that only takes 20 minutes, will mean you will not be viewed at all for this role..