|Date Posted||December 2, 2019|
What can you expect
Company Digital Labs is the incubator arm of Company focused on experimenting in emerging technologies and developing innovative products, new business models, and strategic engagements with clients, carriers, and insurtech companies. Current technologies under development include artificial intelligence/machine learning, blockchain and IoT. Company Digital Labs’ approach to experimentation is to leverage cloud-based platforms to build new capabilities, reusable components and test-and-learn tools. The Labs also include a machine learning garage to create next-generation risk models, intelligent automation, and cognitive capabilities. Company Digital Labs also drives a multi-faceted research program that works across the insurance industry ecosystem, academia and upcoming technology vendors to develop, identify and validate key components for the insurance industry of the future.
What is in it for you
As a technical lead in Company Digital Labs, you will be a key contributor driving the innovation agenda and manage key technology initiatives. In this is a multi-faceted role, you will explain key technology concepts to a non-technical audience while also having key technology chops to implement concepts closely with advanced technologies, and emerging technology themes such as AI/ML, IoT and Blockchain, sometimes jointly with academia, startups or industry ecosystem.
We will count on you to:
• Lead artificial intelligence and machine learning efforts on various topics including NLP, Computer Vision and Conversational AI.
• Investigate, define and implement new ideas as prototypes and Proofs-of-Concept in partnership with business stakeholders.
• Hands-on role with the capability to take full-responsibility to craft and create end-to-end solutions using advanced technologies.
• Develop advanced SaaS services using public cloud infrastructure. Develop software and system architecture while ensuring alignment with enterprise technology standards (e.g. solution patterns, app frameworks, technology roadmaps).
• Ability to drive a global software team to deliver key advanced technology components as needed for customer-facing applications.
• Ability to evaluate emerging technology stacks and vendors and provide key technology strategy decisions for adoption.
• Evangelize key topics as desired to both internal and external audiences.
What you need to have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or 10+ years of software development experience in an enterprise environment
• Prior demonstrable experience developing and deploying machine learning systems in an enterprise or consumer environment
• Prior experience developing and deploying cloud-based apps and services (AWS/Azure/GCP)
• Experience working with three or more of the following: web/mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, blockchain, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
• Experience driving a global teams to deliver scalable software systems on schedule.
What makes you stand out:
• Masters or Ph.D. in Data Science, Computer Science or Engineering.
• Experience embedding ML, DL, AI or Big Data into a scaled IT environment.
• Love for coding and hand-on development of new emerging stacks.
• Strong ability to handle multiple parallel initiatives.
• Work autonomously and build projects from start to finish.
• Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
• Experience working under high degree of ambiguity.