|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||December 2, 2019|
Company Digital Labs is the incubator arm of Company focused on experimenting in emerging technologies and developing innovative products, new business models, and strategic engagements with clients, carriers, and insurtech companies. Current technologies under development include artificial intelligence/machine learning, blockchain and IoT. Company Digital Labs’ approach to experimentation is to leverage cloud-based platforms to build new capabilities, reusable components and test-and-learn tools. The Labs also include a machine learning garage to create next-generation risk models, intelligent automation, and cognitive capabilities. Company Digital Labs also drives a multi-faceted research program that works across the insurance industry ecosystem, academia and upcoming technology vendors to develop, identify and validate key components for the insurance industry of the future.
As a technical lead in Company Digital Labs, the candidate is expected to be a key contributor driving the innovation agenda and manage key technology initiatives.
The candidate should be adept at emerging technology themes such as AI/ML, IoT and Blockchain. This is a multi-faceted role that will also require the ability to explain key technology concepts to a non-technical audience while also having key technology chops to implement concepts closely with advanced technologies sometimes jointly with academia, startups or industry ecosystem.
- Lead artificial intelligence and machine learning efforts on various topics including NLP, Computer Vision and Conversational AI.
- Investigate, define and implement new ideas as prototypes and Proofs-of-Concept in partnership with business stakeholders.
- Hands-on role with the capability to take full-responsibility to craft and create end-to-end solutions using advanced technologies.
- Develop advanced SaaS services using public cloud infrastructure. Develop software and system architecture while ensuring alignment with enterprise technology standards (e.g. solution patterns, app frameworks, technology roadmaps).
- Ability to drive a global software team to deliver key advanced technology components as needed for customer-facing applications.
- Ability to evaluate emerging technology stacks and vendors and provide key technology strategy decisions for adoption.
- Evangelize key topics as desired to both internal and external audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or 8 -10 + years of software development experience in an enterprise environment
- Position is based in Phoenix (no relocation assistance provided)
- Prior demonstrable experience developing and deploying machine learning systems in an enterprise or consumer environment
- Prior experience developing and deploying cloud-based apps and services (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Experience working with three or more of the following: web/mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, block chain, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Experience driving a global teams to deliver scalable software systems on schedule
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Masters or Ph.D. in Data Science, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Experience embedding ML, DL, AI or Big Data into a scaled IT environment.
- Love for coding and hand-on development of new emerging stacks.
- Strong ability to handle multiple parallel initiatives.
- Work autonomously and build projects from start to finish.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
- Experience working under high degree of ambiguity
- Company is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Company for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.