|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||September 10, 2021|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Strategy, Digital and Innovation (SDI) team forges the strategic direction of Wells Fargo, provides and manages our digital foundation and common capabilities, and transforms our business models to meet evolving customer needs and grow the company. The investments we are making will help the company create innovative digital banking experiences, and make it easier for customers to achieve their financial goals.
Blockchain Innovation, Solutions Lead for Crypto Asset Services (Strategy Consultant 5)
This position will function as the domain subject matter expert, innovator, and strategic thought leader for Cryptocurrency and other Digital Asset Services to source, analyze, prioritize, and recommend emerging solutions. Responsible for articulating an understanding of key concepts, assessing technical and market trends, and applying strong industry knowledge in the context of Wells Fargo’s business objectives. Identifies the economic value (qualitatively and quantitatively) of all proposed solutions and communicates information to senior business and technology stakeholders and executives. Ensures Wells Fargo makes sound investment decisions in the space.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for providing senior level strategic consulting services to client organizations using in-depth knowledge and expertise regarding Wells Fargo business strategy and emerging industry trends for new Cryptocurrency and other Digital Asset Services.
- Works with executives and senior managers across Wells Fargo lines of business to help define the business strategy and create/execute corresponding business plans and initiatives.
- Provides counsel to senior technology leadership, advising and mentoring others as appropriate to develop a depth of subject matter expertise across the organization.
- Communicates strategy and related business plans to management.
- Develops strategic partnerships supporting Cryptocurrency and other Digital Asset Services solutions through consortia, vendors, LOB SME and leadership, peers, and WFT.
- Recommends innovations that enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
- Organizes and facilitates regular Cryptocurrency and other Digital Asset Services information sharing forums to promote engagement with LOB stakeholders.
- Curates and maintains industry updates to apprise and inform senior management and other stakeholders with “must know” developments and technology trends in the space.
Other Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Provides leadership in the identification of strategic business, investment and alliance opportunities with emerging Cryptocurrency and other Digital Asset Services solutions.
- Acts as the senior market opportunity analyst for Cryptocurrency and other Digital Asset Services.
- Develops and curates the adoption strategy and strategic road map for Cryptocurrency and other Digital Asset Services solutions.
- Evaluates technical and market trends and applies strong industry knowledge in context of Wells Fargo's business objectives.
- Develops business and economic models to assess and validate the qualitative and quantitative criteria by which potential solutions are most aligned with Wells Fargo strategic priorities.
- Directly performs or coordinates “bootstrap” business analyses to inform technical designs and requirements needed to properly design and scope solutions that have high potential to commercial implementation.
- Identifies, defines and manages experimentation with Cryptocurrency and other Digital Asset Services solutions.
- Oversees the evaluation and approval process of identified opportunities.
- Identifies and implements technology requirements (systems, architecture and infrastructure) as well as coordination of technical resources.
- Directs internal as well as industry strategic planning activities and represents Wells Fargo on industry panels and committees.
- Provides guidance and collaborates with other Innovation and R&D leads to bring innovative new solutions using a variety of emerging technologies.
- Organizes and collaborates with product oriented LOB SMEs in the generation of strategic assessments to document viability analyses.
- Participates in the collaborative process by which use cases are compared and prioritized for inclusion in the Innovation and R&D project schedule based on their relative benefit to the company in light of the effort needed to achieve success.
- Assists with documenting the novelties developed in Innovation and R&D activities, providing an interface to the Law Department's patent lawyers.
- Works with other financial institutions across industry consortiums, technology vendors and collaborates with internal technology teams to design prototypes and pilots.
- 10+ years of strategic planning experience
- A BA/BS degree or higher in business or finance
- Strong strategic planning skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate complex material to a diverse audience
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Strong analytical skills with ability to draw conclusions and translate findings
- Ability to motivate staff to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Ability to lead during times of ambiguity and change
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in the related banking ecosystem
- A broad understanding of the blockchain related technologies and protocols
- A strong aptitude of emerging technologies and cryptocurrency industry trends
- Hands-on experience with existing blockchain platforms, including but not limited to Ethereum, Hyperledger, Corda, Axoni (or any ancillary technologies pertaining thereto)
- Product development leadership experience – ability to lead self and teams from concept through product delivery processes
- Technology Management experience
- Leadership experience with software application development and familiarity with software development methodologies
- Experience working in both startup and enterprise environments
- Experience and/or openness to learning new development and product management tools
- Demonstrated ability to understand, articulate, and execute strategies for complex banking systems
- Proven track record of developing and deploying best practices for new technologies, and/or managing the completion of complex projects in a large matrixed organization
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
NY-New York: 30 Hudson Yards - New York, NY
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.