|Date Posted||September 11, 2020|
CGI Federal is looking to hire a Sr. Solutions Architect to perform a wide facet of technical architecture analyses and design in support of our Space Domain Community customer's requirements.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The work includes the analysis of Application as-is performance characteristics, creating a performance plan concept of operations, building strategies and technical plans for application, data, infrastructure and network architecture components. You will serve as a subject matter expert providing know-how for the support of architecture requirements and data migration of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications. You will direct and/or participate in all phases of technical risk management and assessments and software/hardware development with an emphasis on analysis of system requirements, architecture design patterns, and legacy system migrations. You must have an ability to develop and deliver component solutions or major solutions of various sizes and complexities for CGI Federal's clients.
You will also support CGI Federal's growth supporting the US Space Community with developing solutions into winning proposals, including the overall value proposition, technical implementation approach and operations and maintenance model and solution-level pricing. The Solutions Architect's will work with the Account Executives, Account Delivery Team and Business Development leads to develop winning solutions and capture complex business development. The Solutions Architect will be part of the client facing organization and would support multiple clients across CGI Federal. Given the breadth of clients to be supported, this architect must combine strong business acumen with contemporary technical knowledge.
Other responsibilities include:
•Maintaining a current knowledge of the technology industry and Federal IT marketplace and determining the impact of emerging policy, applications/COTS software on new and existing solutions
•Systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
• Technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding.
• Leading and/or supporting creation of winning technology solutions at attractive price points; understanding the trade-offs between features and costs; determining solution pricing and options for price reduction according to company and client financial targets
• Developing messaging for proposal responses that represent compelling value propositions to customers and differentiate CGI from competitors
• Ensuring solutions are of high quality, are high performance and are scalable
• Providing expertise in applications/COTS software evaluation, selection and implementation
• Interested in smart ledger technology/Blockchain solutions development
• Serving as an internal consultant, thought leader and technology advisor
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Minimum 12 years of post-collegiate work experience in the IT field
• 8+ years of experience in systems development life-cycle, systems engineering & architecture, enterprise application integration, etc.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be proficient developing and delivering presentations on solution and business case/value to senior Federal IT managers
• Aggressive, self-directed style. Must be able to cultivate relationships and discover/validate internal Intellectual Property across a large (68,000 employee) IT company
• Experience being a Technology Evangelist focused on Data security and smart ledger technologies such as Blockchain
• Some experience with requirements development, full stack development, and product realization
• Experience writing and reviewing proposal responses
• Knowledge of Federal Government contracting
• Ability to create architecture diagrams and models that align to US Federal standards (FEAC, DoDAF etc.)
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree Required
• Due to the nature of the government customers we support, US Citizenship is required for the role. Qualified candidates may require to go through a government security clearance process also.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
• Experience with Blockchain
• Experience in SOA, cloud computing, full stack development, micro-services, containerization, and migrating applications to Cloud is highly desired
• Significant experience as primary author on complex deliverables, whitepapers and/or academic articles desired
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, using initiative to anticipate needs in areas of responsibility
- Solutions Architecture
- Solution Analysis
- Data Architecture
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI atwww.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you.Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.