|Date Posted||February 17, 2021|
We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Torqata’s powerful data platform and suite of analytics products has been designed to enable manufacturers, retailers and distributors to work smarter, more collaboratively and drive better results across the industry.
We are a data and analytics services and software start-up in the automotive and tire industry seeking to position itself as the premier provider of such services through increased visibility throughout the tire value chain and unified reconciliation of data across disparate sources such a point-of-sale data, aggregated inventory, OE production data, product information, sales forecasts, introduction of a Blockchain ecosystem, etc.
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Software Automation Engineer (Python) to help improve the scalability, performance, resilience and security of Torqata’s Python products, which include both API applications as well as core internal analytics libraries written in Python, through a combination of re-engineering and innovation. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include development and implementation of a comprehensive testing framework with associated automations for the purpose of end-to-end API, integration, unit, and other forms of testing. This role will work on developing new unit and integration tests in Python within the existing codebase as well as prescribing new best testing practices alongside developers going forward. End-to-end testing will also be established against the deployed APIs, pipelines, and other Python processes.
- Implement a comprehensive testing framework with a focus on automated, repeatable tests across a suite of Python products including APIs and analytics tools
- Expand existing unit test coverage to include integration, unit, data, and end-to-end tests
- Perform User Acceptance Testing of the functional requirements on our products across various platforms
- Identify and track bugs, issues and improvements for developers
- Build reporting capabilities to capture results, coverage, test metrics, etc. and format into consumable reports for technical leadership
- Outline and analyze potential issues by identifying fringe use cases and gaps in testing procedure
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to ensure the quality of delivered builds as well as ensuring timely bug, error and improvement tracking
- Assist in developing new UAT test scenarios, test cases, and test scripts
- Content implementation for products, pages and features
- Competitive analysis focusing on improvements and enhancements to the user experience
- Excellence with Python
- Proficiency with Python testing libraries such as pytest and unittest
- Experience automating API testing programmatically in addition to using tools like Postman (Selenium experience a plus)
- Experience with different types of tests including: penetration testing, black box testing, load testing, user acceptance testing, end-to-end testing, regression testing, load testing, smoke tests, etc.
- Self-driven and capable of bringing a perspective for establishing a new testing system within an existing organization
- Capable of building new testing pipelines and integrating them into existing CICD workflows such as Jenkins, Cloud Build, GitHub Actions, or others.
- Rich understanding of converting testing report metrics into consumable actions/insights for leadership and the development team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, organized and analytical
- Ability to collaborate effectively and actively with development, content, marketing & operations teams
- Ability to effectively manage time, multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R13774