|January 27, 2024
|New York, NY
Our direct client, a fast-growing FinTech firm in New York City, is looking to hire a Senior Blockchain, Full Stack Engineer to develop an industry-wide distributed ledger solution for the alternative investment ecosystem to facilitate access to private markets investments for advisors and their high-net-worth clients using innovative technology solutions. This individual should understand complex business problems, scope projects, identify business opportunities, optimize workflows, and communicate their findings across all levels of the organization. This role is highly visible and involves working closely with other teams in Engineering, Product, senior leadership, and industry partners.
2 or 3 days onsite work in the NYC midtown office is required. Base salary is in the $160-200K range DOE, plus generous bonus and stock options.
- Design and implement a private and permissioned distributed ledger using DAML/Canton and other open source blockchain frameworks.
- Build and maintain a RESTful API using Python and FastAPI.
- Build and maintain reusable UI components in React using Typescript.
- Provide technical leadership to motivate and guide team members and?mentor junior engineers.
- Be an active participant in daily stand-up meetings and in Peer Code Reviews as part of our standard SDLC and Change.
- Stay current with the latest developments in blockchain technology and incorporate them into our ecosystem.
- 8+ years software engineering experience building enterprise SaaS cloud-based solutions
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with modern JS frameworks, preferably React?
- 2+ years of technical leadership and management experience?
- Experience with DAML, Solidity, or other blockchain programing languages
- Experience with Python and FastAPI
- Demonstrated understanding of relational database concepts and modeling practices
- Experience building APIs for large scale applications using AWS
- Experience with tokenization and blockchain-based investments
- Familiar with security best practices and encryption techniques
- Basic knowledge of finance and business (e.g., capital markets, alternative investments)
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Exceptional ability to understand client needs, scope projects, develop detail-oriented execution plans, and communicate results
- An entrepreneurial hunger to own problems from start-to-finish, manage projects, overcome operational bottlenecks, and execute effectively
Sr. Blockchain Engineer - Hybrid