|Date Posted||May 20, 2021|
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
As a Solution Architect - Sustainability in the Enterprise Architecture team, you will provide thought leadership, technical architecture and domain expertise around LyondellBasell (LYB) sustainability initiatives. Your primary responsibility will include owning the technical strategy for LYB sustainability initiatives and partnering with the Global Sustainability, Digital, business/IT Stakeholders to define the vision, develop the overall strategy and implement the solution. The architect will also provide guidance and ensure that various engineering teams has the necessary requirements to implement solutions. The architect will also need to adhere and contribute to the different solutions and guidelines around cloud, data engineering and data analytics.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain and evangelize architecture strategy to include reference architecture and standards and assist business with best practices within the different sustainability domains.
- Define vision, strategy, and principles for Sustainability solutions and roadmaps in collaboration with Global Sustainability, IT, Security and Risk, Digital and business to support the LyondellBasell's strategies and priorities.
- Own the end-to-end architecture delivery around the LyondellBasell IT sustainability solutions.
- Deliver well-defined technical design documentation and data architecture that guides and inform project software and development teams.
- Be prepared to own development and execution of data (both master data & transactional data) plans required for successful implementations
- Work with Global Sustainability teams, business partners and other stakeholders to ensure proper strategy implementation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, Math or related field
- 10+ years design, implementation, consulting, pre-sales experience with regulated environments.
- Develop, maintain and evangelize solution architecture strategy to include reference architecture and standards and assist business with best practices around cloud, IoT, blockchain.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture principles, methods, and tools; understanding of data management;
- Ability to understand how data relates to the current operations and the effects that any future process changes will have on the use of data in the organization;
- Ability to translate business needs into architecture requirements;
- Ability to maximize the data resources by reducing redundancy, enabling accessibility within security boundaries, fostering corporate understanding of the meaning of the data (metadata management);
- Understand the relationships across the business process and data flows;
- Strong knowledge, experience and hands on capabilities with container engines such as Azure Kubernetes, Azure App Service Containers, Docker, etc.)
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: .Net/.Net Core, Node.js, JSON, C++, Java, PHP, Perl, Python, Golang.
- Experience with scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies (Azure Functions), container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.), API management, microservice frameworks etc.
- Experience with software development practices including DevOps and Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD) tool chains (e.g. Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible).
- Background knowledge around blockchain and digital distributed ledgers.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and data stewards to assess current pain points and areas for improvement;
- Must be able to understand and communicate the data requirements of any future infrastructure needs;
- Experience in data integration and data conversions;
- Natural ability to coordinate and facilitate diverse teams of different skill sets, backgrounds, cultures and languages
- Good understanding of key functional process streams as well as Project Management skills
- Ability to conduct and facilitate workshops with business representatives, management and executive, team member resources, and external 3rd party groups
- Problem solving skills that use techniques to identify the root cause of the issue and then ability to clearly communicate (verbal/orally) this position.
- Advanced communication skills with a demonstrated ability to provide advice, consult and negotiate with senior management and manage key relationships between stakeholders involved in an upgrade/implementation environment.
- Comfortable in adapting working hours to align with demands of communication across multiple time zones.
- Oversee change management related activities during the deployment period
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston