|Date Posted||April 21, 2021|
This is a senior software development role that would be responsible for providing systems architecture, software development team leadership, software development, and support services as it builds the next generation of shipping and logistics services utilizing blockchain technology. The primary responsibilities of this role include architecting applications and application features, leading a team of developers responsible for implementation, as well as owning, tracking and resolving software related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents and working with the engineering team to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
Act as team lead for software developers in-house, on-shore, and off-shore. (including QA resource)Leading requirements gathering and brainstorming with stakeholders.
Significant contribution and autonomy in architecting and developing software solutions for the business.
4 Year Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- At least 5 years software development experience in Windows or Linux/Unix environments with a focus on building tiered web applications with technologies such as NodeJS and React
- At least one year experience working with blockchain technologies such as distributed ledgers
- Two to three years’ experience architecting and deploying applications to a cloud environment such as IBM Bluemix, Google Compute, Azure, or AWS
- Experience in developing RESTful services using Node.js, Express, and Knex.js. or comparable frameworks/technologies
- Experience in blockchain technologies that utilize smart contracts and chaincode such as Hyperledger or Ethereum
- Experience in developing applications and services using databases such as Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, MS SQL Server.
- Experience with object-oriented design (C++, C#, Java, etc.), microservices architecture, and federated architectures.
- Demonstrate ability to self-manage and require little day to day supervision
- Demonstrate effective use of time management skills and deliver tangible results, self-motivation and project an urgency to identify problem areas and take action
- Be proactive regarding process or application improvement
- Demonstrate an eagerness to participate in company improvement activities
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
This role requires a service-oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, a focus on managing and resolving issues, establishing and maintaining communication with customers to keep them updated with the status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems, and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
Effectively communicate technical concepts to customers and colleagues