|Date Posted||January 24, 2020|
Position: Software Architect
Location: Boston, MA
Interview Expectations: onsite
Local Candidate: yes
- Is accountable for defining and driving software architecture and enterprise capabilities (multi-tenant, scalability, fault tolerance, extensibility, maintainability, etc.)
- Designs complex software systems for high-end solutions
- Determines overall architectural principles, frameworks, and standards
- Works in a consultative fashion with other organizations such as security and operations
- Provide leadership to engineers, QE and product partners
- Drives innovation, research, case studies, and prototypes on leading edge technologies and how they can be leveraged
- Oversees software architecture within the scope of assigned systems
- Analyzes and provides feedback on product strategy
Skills And Experience
- Enterprise integration architecture and patterns
- Java, J2EE, Spring
- PHI and healthcare data management and security
- RDBMS and NoSQL: SQL Server, Oracle, Mongo, Cassandra
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes and/or similar)
- Source Code Repository branching/release strategy and management (e.g. Gitflow or similar)
- Experience with high-volume SaaS applications and solution scaling experience
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Agile SDLC
- Capacity planning
- HA/DR system strategies
- REST, MicroServices, Orchestration
- Direct experience with relevant technologies and concepts: micro services, distributed systems, SaaS at scale, private/public cloud, MDA, EIA, etc.
- Experience with healthcare EHRs (Cerner or Epic)
- Experience with ML/AI
- Experience with Voice (Amazon Alexa, Google, etc.)
- Working knowledge of relevant security regulations such as HIPAA, PCI Compliance, PSD2, SCA, etc.
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies like ElasticSearch, Kafka, Hbase, Spark, etc.
- Experience with Blockchain / Cryptography
- Working knowledge of relevant privacy regulation such as GDPR, GLBA, etc.
- Experience working with external, third-party development teams a plus
- BS in a related field and at least 10 years experience in the Information Technology arena, at least 3 years management or leadership experience in this field
- Experience as engineering leader: process, culture
- Practical development and coding experience
- SCRUM Master a plus
- Experience leading small teams a plus