|Date Posted||October 20, 2021|
At Core Scentific we are doing something different, and we want you to be a part of it. To put it simply, we are powering and securing the next financial system of the world.
Whether that's by delivering best-in-class blockchain infrastructure and hosting for our clients, by growing our digital asset mining practice or by pioneering innovative financial products and services through blockchain technology. Our solutions enable companies to host and monitor their blockchain hardware, optimize blockchain mining, render images, host nodes, and get the best ROI on their hardware.
Joining a company that is focused exclusively on the hypergrowth technology of blockchain is exhilarating and game changing. Core Scientific isn't for the faint of heart. It requires smart, creative, collaborative teams who work hard and fast. If this appeals to you, you will thrive here and be a part of something special. Unapologetically, we work hard, run hard, and hold ourselves accountable in our quest to build something special. If these things interest you, we hope you'll consider joining our team.
Senior Solutions Engineer
Director of Solutions Engineering
We're looking for an experienced Solutions Engineer who has a passion for managing hardware and blockchain networks. In this position, you will work at the intersection of blockchain networks, software, product, and hardware to support the world's next financial system. The Solutions Engineering Team is a small team that works hard and fast to build and support solutions for our customers.
Why is this role important to Core Scientific?
As a member of the Solutions Engineering team, you will be a strong advocate for our clients/users while serving the goals of the business. You will participate in delivery, escalations, support, testing, and training of our fleet management solution. You must bring a high technical aptitude to the team with the observe ability to troubleshoot anything that arises in the scope of our work including all things hardware, software, logistics, and networking. Candidates must have a passion for cutting-edge technology with a strong ability to communicate their solution rationale and drive the team towards a well-informed solution. This role demands a thorough understanding of networking principles with an emphasis on the blockchain.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
- Take on a key role in communicating between the executive team and the customer on timelines and deliverables.
- Design and install customized software and hardware solutions for clients.
- Test the performance of installed systems and quickly find solutions for any concerned issues.
- Be creative to find solutions necessary to accelerate onboarding a customer and can own, set baselines, continuously exceed expectations delivering on the business metric - "time to successfully onboard new customers."
- Work with business development and sales teams to meet with clients in the blockchain space and architect solutions that meet customer needs aiding in accelerated onboarding of customers.
- Support data center deployments and help problem solve any issues that arise.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to translate customer feedback into technical requirements and meaningful product insights.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field combined with 5+ years of professional experience as a Software Developer and/or Solutions Architect (implementation/consulting).
- Experience in reviewing production logs and reverse-engineering systems to diagnose issues, and quickly developing prototypes or proof-of-concepts to solve real world customer problems.
- Experienced in systems administration and very comfortable with Linux-related operating systems and configuration.
- Experienced in at least one scripting language (Python, Bash, etc).
- Experience working with SSH, DHCP, LDAP and MQTT.
- Responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
- Work independently with minimal guidance to continuously observe, diagnose, report, and resolve issues alongside other stakeholders.
- Experience working with ASICs and GPUs- managing and monitoring these devices, pulling telemetry by interfacing with drivers, etc.
- Technical depth in areas of emerging technologies such as IoT and Blockchain.
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
- Experienced in observing and reverse-engineering devices to understand the machine level driver/firmware interfaces and can deal with navigating ambiguity very well to drive clarity to customers and other stakeholders.