|Location||San Antonio, TX|
|Date Posted||October 20, 2021|
Core Scientific is a best-in-class, large-scale operator of dedicated, purpose-built facilities for digital asset mining and a premier provider of blockchain infrastructure, software solutions, and services. We are the leader in high-performance, 100% net carbon-neutral infrastructure and software solutions that power the world's leading blockchain companies. We are laser-focused on the long-term success of our customers, and we are uniquely positioned to address the large, rapidly growing digital asset economy.
We are a group of product visionaries, talented engineers, and customer-obsessed inventors who deliver best-in-class blockchain infrastructure and hosting for our clients. We are growing our digital asset mining practice and pioneering innovative financial products and services through blockchain technology. Our solutions enable companies to host and monitor their blockchain hardware, optimize blockchain mining, render images, host nodes, and get the best ROI on their hardware.
Joining a company that is focused exclusively on the hypergrowth technology of blockchain is exhilarating and game changing. Core Scientific isn't for the faint of heart. It requires smart, creative, collaborative teams who work hard and fast. If this appeals to you, you will thrive here and be a part of something special. Unapologetically, we work hard, run hard, keep bureaucracy to a minimum and hold ourselves accountable in our quest to build something special. If these things interest you, we hope you'll consider joining our team.
Title: Senior Product Designer
Reports To: Director of Product
We are looking for an accomplished Senior Product Designer who can research, analyze, and design end-to-end graceful, intuitive interfaces throughout the entire design workflow from mapping out user journeys in flow diagrams, creating high-level wireframes to high fidelity mockups, and working with the frontend team to implement design solutions. We need a creative, highly motivated self-starter with attention to detail and an eye for premium, clean user interfaces. This person will be a key member of the product design team collaborating closely with the very best engineers, designers, business leaders, partners, and customers in the industry.
Why is this role important to Core Scientific? As a member of the Product Design team, you will be a strong advocate for the user while serving the goals of the business. You will participate in the discovery, definition, and delivery of this offering.?They?will?bring a user-centered approach to?all phases of project work, including discovery,?research,?content creation, prototyping, iteration, and delivery. Candidates must have a passion for design thinking?and a strong ability to communicate their design rationale?and drive the team towards a?well-informed?solution.?This role demands a?thorough understanding of?design principles?with emphasis on?data visualization.
- Work with internal teams and client groups to design and build user-friendly interfaces and application hierarchies based on functional specifications and persona-based usability findings.
- Participate in key internal meetings including regular status updates and planning sessions, documenting ongoing progress, and effectively communicating findings.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Developers, and Stakeholders to create best-in-class software experiences to support a complete cohesive user experience for the organization.
- Review user adoption for product deliverables and acceptance testing combining data, analysis, and creative design thinking.
- Contribute to product strategy and goals by identifying user needs and framing problems while supporting requirements gathering, design documentation, and implementation reviews.
- Direct conceptual and post-release usability testing to guide the design process.
- Ensure design documents are current and complete, with solutions implemented properly and user feedback incorporated into future product design iterations.
- Deliver consistent, high-quality designs for mobile, tablet, and desktop experiences.
- Work as a team or individually to produce rapid prototypes.
- Employ a range of human-centered design techniques, such as conceptual models, personas, user flows, wireframes, and interactive prototypes, to determine and convey design decisions.
- Collaborate and develop documentation to guide engineering, marketing, customer support, and content creation.
- Utilize a toolbox of UX & UI methodologies empowered by User-Centered Designs to deliver well thought out artifacts.
- Clearly communicate your?approach and how your?solutions address user needs, business goals, and technical constraints through effective storytelling.
- Execute production-ready deliverables?with a strong eye for detail and an emphasis on design system adherence.
- Work closely with the Product Development team to ensure?products are built and deployed to modern web and mobile standards and with a high degree of fidelity to the design intent.
- Make understanding end-user requirements a constant priority.
- Educate internal teams on best practices around information architecture, interaction and visual designs, usability, and supporting technologies.
- 5+ years UX design experience guiding product development cycle for successfully launched web, mobile, and/or software applications.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Human Computer Interaction, Digital Media Design, Interaction Design, Fine Arts, Computer Science, or related field.
- Autonomous team player who takes initiative and responsibility for key UX design process deliverables.
- Figma expertise?in preparing perfect, well-organized?files with?adherence to?team?workflows.
- Enthusiastic to occasionally dive into big data problems along with a keen eye and understanding of data visualization and analytics.
- Passionate about current and emerging product design trends, user-centered design principles, with a knack for keeping our team and clients informed.
- Capable of juggling a number of priorities and delivering results on time in a high-pressure, dynamic environment.
- Fluent in responsive design patterns, mobile/tablet interface trends, and pairing data with effective design solutions.
- Ability to read, write, and troubleshoot basic HTML,?CSS and images.
- Strong sense of interaction design and user flows paired with an ability to translate static solutions into wireframes, prototypes, and testable concepts.
- Ability to give and receive constructive design critique.
- Experience in iterative software discovery and delivery methodologies, coupled with an understanding of user experience methods, best practices, design principles, problem-framing skills.
- Solid understanding of, and experience working with, web standards, responsive frameworks, typography, grids, visual layout, data visualization, and brand?systems.
- Creative thinker who can effectively communicate ideas.
- Proven effectiveness in leading and managing projects.
- A constant drive to learn new skills and ideas.
- Able to share a portfolio of prior work and willingness to prepare and present a work trial as part of the hiring process.