|Date Posted||July 3, 2021|
Senior Full-Stack Developer
Since 1979, TxMQ has been building, integrating, managing, supporting and securing critical business systems and data for large and mid-market enterprise customers. TxMQ’s Disruptive Technologies Group (DTG) was established in 2017 to provide consulting services and development capabilities to our customers in emerging technologies. DTG currently has a heavy focus on implementing solutions that leverage blockchain or distributed ledger technology. DTG is an engaging, fast-paced environment where technological change is expected and embraced. Our developers have a unique opportunity to work with cutting-edge emerging technologies, each with the potential to explode into the next big thing.
Senior Full-Stack Developers work in small teams with other client- and server-side developers to build out solutions for our customers. Our development teams are led by a Technical Lead, who has primary responsibility for the delivery of their individual projects. Senior developers are expected to demonstrate consulting skills, and to be comfortable engaging directly with customers. All of our developers are expected to be good communicators, to manage their time effectively, and to have a passion for what they do. An eagerness and ability to quickly learn new approaches and technologies is a must-have.
• Architect and design applications according to best practices.
• Develop and test middle-tier application components such as REST APIs, database integrations, security features, and integrations with external systems including distributed ledger or blockchain platforms.
• Develop and test user interfaces for web and mobile applications using single-page web frameworks (typically AngularJS).
• Assist client-side developers with REST integrations.
• Write in-code and external documentation. Documentation could take the form of JavaDoc-formatted comments, diagrams, and written documentation. Senior developers are expected to be able to document their approaches and technology decisions, and create “run books” for customers.
• Work with customers resources and DTG technical leads to gather business and technical requirements, and facilitate application testing and deployment.
• Collaborate with your team to ensure that work products integrate well with the rest of the application’s architecture
• Take task assignments and technical direction from your technical lead. Proactively communicate with your tech lead to raise issues as they arise.
• Be comfortable mentoring and managing junior developers.
• Learn new technologies and methodologies. Work to grow your skillset, especially as it relates to skills with distributed ledger technologies. Senior developers will be expected to acquire distributed ledger development skills on an ongoing basis.