|Published||June 30, 2022|
|Location||San Francisco, CA|
Senior DevOps Engineer (First/Lead/Only) - Top Tier Blockchain Startup
San Francisco, CA (Remote until the pandemic is over)
This is one of the relatively few cryptocurrency companies with a strong business model, product market fit, a strong base of customers, great cash reserves, and rapid scaling.
It is the leading company in its category. Its product is used by top blockchain companies around the globe. Its vision is to do for blockchain what Microsoft and Apple did for computers. The company's mission is to make the potential of blockchain a reality.
The team consists of world class engineers from top companies such as Google, Facebook, Palantir, Microsoft, and Pinterest and stop schools such as MIT and Stanford.
The company has raised series A funding from top investors including Stanford University and founders of some of the most valuable tech companies in the world.
The company will pay competitive salary plus equity which could be very lucrative.
- 60% devops, 40% Site Reliability Engineering.
- Setting up infrastructure operationally.
- Structuring deployment processes.
- Making infrastructure more reliable and maximizing uptime.
- Making sure everything is configurable and deployable and easy to maintain.
- Participating in the on-call rotation. All the engineers are on call; you should expect to be on-call one week every month. On-call shifts are not too intense and things don't go down often.
- Experience with AWS.
- Software engineering background.
- At least 4 years of experience as a DevOps or Site Reliability Engineer.
- Experience with large-scale, multi-region systems.
- Comfortable with typical CI/CD tools.
- Solid understanding ofInfrastructure-as-Code, using tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with MySQL.
- Understanding of best security practices.
About Skyrocket Ventures
Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
After you apply to this job posting, we’ll consider you for this job as well as any other potential matches with our client companies. If we have any potential matches, we’ll share your resume with those companies and contact you about any interview opportunities we can get you.
Thank you, and we wish you a great job search!