Senior Blockchain Security Expert – Certified Systems
|Published||August 5, 2022|
|Location||New York, NY|
About the Company
One of the fastest-growing and most trusted companies in blockchain security, CertiK is a true market leader. To date, CertiK has worked with over 3,200 Enterprise clients, secured over $310 billion worth of digital assets, and has detected over 60,000 vulnerabilities in blockchain code. Our clients include leading projects such as Aave, Polygon, Binance Smart Chain, Terra, Yearn, and Chiliz.
Investors = Insight Partners, Sequoia, Tiger Global, Coatue Management, Lightspeed, Advent International, SoftBank, Hillhouse Capital, Goldman Sachs, Coinbase Ventures, Binance, Shunwei Capital, IDG Capital, Wing, Legend Star, Danhua Capital and other investors.
Certified Systems is the core organization in CertiK delivering the advanced blockchain security technologies, tooling, platform, and services for the entire CertiK team to use for serving the security protection demand of CertiK's clients.
You're a self-starter. You believe in tackling the most important problems, even if they are the most difficult problems. You're comfortable with the unknown and understand that startup life means that you're going to be wearing multiple hats. And that's what motivates you. You're accountable and obsessed with improvement, both in yourself and in others. You're up to the challenge of building a world-class company that aims to be the infrastructure for more secure software for all.
About the Role
The primary responsibility of this role is for CertiK's security-related services. Intersecting cybersecurity and blockchain, CertiK's security offerings include security consulting, security reviews, security auditing of smart contracts and blockchains, verification of smart contracts, penetration testing, and more. We are looking to hire someone with a passion for Solidity, a deep understanding of the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), distributed computing, and security. Candidates should have an eye for detail and have a passion for combining their skills with a flair for creativity and insight to hack smart contracts. This is a fun and challenging full-time position. If you are excited about hacking, threat modeling, scanning, auditing, designing, and enhancing the security of smart contracts across the board then you will thrive in this role. While you work with clients, we will also provide you with plenty of opportunities to get involved with research and development efforts to help us raise the standards of blockchain security.
- Passionate about Cryptocurrency/Defi/Blockchain
- 3+ years professional experience as SWE, or Security Expert
- 2+ years of experience in Solidity, the EVM and blockchain technology
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science/Security Information
- You need to be able to take apart abstract concepts and put them back together from both a macro and micro point of view.
- You are great at tightly weaving together loose thoughts on either level into a clearly written narrative.
- You need to be able to go beyond placing yourself in the mind's eye of a project's creator, to placing yourself in the minds of various adversarial or free-riding actors.
- You display an uncommon degree of common sense in the way you raise attention to issues involved in all of the above.
- You need to be comfortable regularly taking ownership over more than you were foreseeably assigned while engaged in all of the above.
- Work directly with the external blockchain developers to audit their code and secure their products including smart contracts, protocols and dapp.
- Contribute to our internal security tools and create new ones that helps for improving the security services by following good engineering practices.
- Conduct security research and publish your findings in technical blog posts / conferences.
- Improve our processes and offering and strive for the satisfaction of our clients
- Mentor junior peers
- Solid experience in threat analysis, APT or response
- Experience developing tooling in Rust, JS, TS, Python, Vyper
- Strong Math background
Target annual salary for this role performed in the US with full-time and onsite employment is $140,000 - $190,000.
The exact compensation at which this job is filled will be determined by the skills and experience of qualified candidates.
CertiK is proud to offer medical, vision, and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with company matching, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, HSA (with high deductible plan), FSA, and other benefits to all full-time employees, along with flexible paid time off and holidays.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
CertiK is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
CertiK will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
All CertiK employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.