|Published||January 22, 2023|
Genies is Gen Z’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools that allow users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods provider with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Our avatar marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $200M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Breyer Capital.
Genies is looking for a Senior Blockchain Engineer - Full Stack to join our rapidly growing team. In this role, the ideal candidate will drive the development of our frontend and backend services and secure smart contract protocols. Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will play an integral role in standardizing Genies crypto protocols and will be responsible for the design, implementation , and distribution of a highly secure blockchain-based application. You will work hand in hand with leadership and product to define crypto strategies and roadmaps, and drive critical decisions regarding architecture. You will be analyzing our blockchain needs, and designing customized blockchain technologies, while continuously maintaining and providing innovative solutions into our blockchain application.
As a successful Blockchain Developer, you should possess extensive knowledge of modern programming languages used for state of the art blockchain development and extensive experience in cryptography. If your expertise and track record translates into secure, fast, and efficient digital transactions, and you are passionate about the future of Web 3.0 ~ we encourage you to apply!
What You'll Be Doing
- Work in a highly collaborative team and involved in all aspects of the product’s development, within an agile environment using modern web/application tools, UX and workflows
- Work on executing various user stories from the product’s backlog, assisting in the completion of those tasks within the agreed timeline and in accordance with the story’s acceptance criteria
- You will be expected, within a short ramp up period, to make major contributions to the product’s development across the full stack, including but not necessarily limited to:
- Front-end development using React, including integrating front end implementations with the product’s APIs and GraphQL
- Back-end development using Node.js, Golang, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and GraphQL
- Ethereum smart contract development using Solidity and other blockchain tools and software
- Assisting in maintaining the products extensive CI/CD pipeline
- Completing code reviews of other team members code and assisting in the mentoring of other developers
- Completing research with respect to the implementation of new product features and refactoring of existing features
What You Should Have
- Bachelor's degree in information security, computer science, or related
- 5+ years of software development experience
- At least 2 years of experience as a blockchain developer
- Advanced proficiency in programming languages, such as JS, Golang, C++, Java, or Python
- Extensive experience in back-end development, algorithms, and data structures
- Knowledge of cryptography and blockchain protocols
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in blockchain management and data protection
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superb organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities
- Proficiency with functional programming paradigms
- Ability to wireframe or rapidly prototype interfaces and proficiency in graphic design
- Contributions to open source software projects or standards groups
- Bitcoin/Ethereum/Blockchain/Solana/Polkadot related open sources projects is a major plus as well
- Web 3 interest, experience or side hustle
How Genies Will Support You
Genies is a well-funded, growing start-up that cares deeply about each of our employees' growth and success. Our roles and their responsibilities are created with a breadth of scope that introduces each employee to exciting new challenges and opportunities that a growing start-up encounters. The actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including: professional background, training, transferable skills, work experience, education, location, business and product needs, and market demand. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Full-time employees may also be eligible for equity compensation, in addition to a robust health, wellness, and benefits package.
Starting Salary Range: $170,000.00 to $200,000.00 USD
Here's Why You'll Love Working At Genies
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.