|Published||January 22, 2023|
|Location||Los Angeles, CA|
|Job Type||Contractor Full-time|
The Senior Blockchain Analyst for the Blockchain Lab will lead projects related to the Lab's initiatives and related collaboration efforts with both internal and external stakeholders. Responsibilities for this position include leading the development of the strategy and structure for: analyzing data from blockchain network nodes or market sources, exploring the development of new regulatory tools, and on-boarding blockchain vendor capabilities. The Senior Blockchain Analyst will provide thought leadership and, under the direction of the Senior Director, guide the efforts of the research team and closely partner with other teams within FINRA to provide training and strengthen oversight capabilities across the organization on areas related to blockchain technology.
Essential Job Functions:
* Lead efforts to design, test, and operate new regulatory tools.
* Lead research on crypto projects or market developments and communicate to internal and external stakeholders through various forums and media.
* Serve as an expert on blockchain vendor capabilities and manage process of selecting and on-boarding of platforms beneficial to FINRA.
* Lead the formation of analysis, written summaries, presentations and commentary designed to inform decision makers of information pertaining blockchain technology and related regulatory impact.
* Serve as an expert on market developments related to blockchain technology and as resource for both internal and external constituents.
* Query, analyze, visualize data ingested from blockchain networks or market sources as part of POC, bespoke or ongoing projects.
* Provide crypto-asset training to FINRA teams to deepen expertise across the organization.
* Represent FINRA in external forums.
* Other duties as assigned.
* BS/BA in a related field is required; Graduate degree [MBA or Professional degree] preferred. Preferably in Business, Finance, Economics, Applied Math or related fields with some quantitative training.
* Minimum of at least 7 years of relevant experience.
* Experience conducting and developing the structure for research into crypto projects, protocols, market developments.
* Experience in overseeing or leading a technical project, program and/or practice area.
* Experience in overseeing or leading efforts to develop structure and strategy for data analysis and modeling, creation of dashboards or other visualization methods.
* Experience collaborating across business teams and optimize tasks to create business value.
* Self-motivated and entrepreneurial individual that can work in an experimental setting.
* Excellent interpersonal communication, writing and presentation skills, including facility with PowerPoint.
* Expertise in blockchain market including knowledge of on and off-chain platforms for issuing and trading of crypto assets.
* Knowledge of crypto analytics tools a plus, for example for forensic analysis or market surveillance.
* Experience with SQL a plus.
* Will work in a hybrid environment both office and remote.
To be considered for this position, please submit an application.
The information provided above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work of the position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required.
Please note: If the "Apply Now" button on a job board posting does not take you directly to the FINRA Careers site, enter www.finra.org/careers into your browser to reach our site directly.
FINRA strives to make our career site accessible to all users. If you need a disability-related accommodation for completing the application process, please contact FINRA's accommodation help line at 240.386.4865. Please note that this number is exclusively for inquiries regarding application accommodations.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. FINRA also provides a variety of benefits including comprehensive health and welfare benefits, life and disability insurance, paid holidays, vacation, personal, and sick leave. FINRA offers immediate participation and vesting in a 401(k) plan with company match. You will also be eligible for participation in an additional FINRA-funded retirement contribution, our tuition reimbursement program and many other benefits. If you would like to contribute to our important mission and work collegially in a professional organization that values intelligence, integrity and initiative, consider a career with FINRA.
FINRA's Code of Conduct imposes restrictions on employees' investments and requires financial disclosures that are uniquely related to our role as a securities regulator. FINRA employees are required to disclose to FINRA all brokerage accounts that they maintain, and those in which they control trading or have a financial interest (including any trust account of which they are a trustee or beneficiary and all accounts of a spouse, domestic partner or minor child who lives with the employee) and to authorize their broker-dealers to provide FINRA with duplicate statements for all of those accounts. All of those accounts are subject to the Code's investment and securities account restrictions, and new employees must comply with those investment restrictions-including disposing of any security issued by a company on FINRA's Prohibited Company List or obtaining a written waiver from their Executive Vice President-by the date they begin employment with FINRA. Employees may only maintain securities accounts that must be disclosed to FINRA at one or more securities firms that provide an electronic feed (e-feed) of data to FINRA, and must move securities accounts from other securities firms to a firm that provides an e-feed within three months of beginning employment.
You can read more about these restrictions here.
As standard practice, employees must also execute FINRA's Employee Confidentiality and Invention Assignment Agreement without qualification or modification and comply with the company's policy on nepotism.
Search Firm Representatives
Please be advised that FINRA is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, a valid written agreement and task order must be in place before any resumes are submitted to FINRA. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at FINRA without a valid written agreement and task order in place will be deemed the sole property of FINRA and no fee will be paid in the event that person is hired by FINRA.
FINRA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal state or local laws as appropriate, or upon the protected status of the person's relatives, friends or associates.
FINRA abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
FINRA abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
2020 FINRA. All rights reserved. FINRA is a registered trademark of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc.