|Date Posted||November 30, 2019|
We are looking for a Scrum Master / Project Manager at Fidelity Investments. This position will be located in Boston, MA.
The Purpose of Your Role
We are looking for a Scrum Master / Project Manager to join our team in launching a new data product for crypto asset investors. The role will be a core part of the team and will work closely with our cross-functional team of designers, engineers, and data scientists. We are a passionate team of entrepreneurs and experts focused on building a new business. We thrive in ambiguous and uncertain spaces, rapidly exploring big ideas using agile methodologies. We look for people who are relentlessly curious, action-oriented, and have the skills and determination to bring a new business to life.
We offer the opportunity to work in a start-up environment, backed by the resources of Fidelity. You will grow your skills in an environment where you can do your best work and, most importantly, have impact at scale.
The Expertise You Have
- 5 or more years of related scrum master, business project management, financial services, startup environment, software development experience
- Deep understanding of the software development process from UI design through deployment using Agile, or Lean Kanban. Experience using Jira or comparable project tracking software
- BA/MBA preferred
- Program Management Professional (PMP) and Scrum Master certification is a plus
The Skills You Bring
- Your experience in leadership directing a startup team in a fast paced, highly ambiguous, and regulated environment
- You are passionate about technology and building customer centered solutions
- You have strong oral and written communication skills, ability to influence and motivate others
The Value You Deliver
- Day-to-day leadership of a team including running daily standups, sprint retrospectives, backlog refinement and sprint management.
- Lead decision-making, issue resolution, managing risks, legal/compliance implications and building consensus among the team members and dependent teams.
- Develop positive relationships with business and technology partners. Understands needs of the team as well as partners to recommend options and remove impediments.
- Collaborate with partners to craft innovative solutions.
- Balance immediate needs with long range goals and vision roadmap.
- Provide product subject matter expertise to support development of collateral, internal communications & training, etc.
- Financial/budget management for the project
- Take leadership/coordination/contributor role in testing process in order to ensure business needs are met.
- Contribute to improving and sharing best practices across teams.
The Fidelity Center for Applied Technology (FCAT) supports the entire Fidelity business with a mission to catalyze innovation for Fidelity and its clients. We are a group within FCAT that is leading efforts on exploring blockchain technologies to disrupt business models, and provide new opportunities with new products and services—this team was the launching pad for the recently announced Fidelity Digital Asset Services (FDAS). We have a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers, researchers, designers, product managers, project managers/scrum masters and security and compliance experts. We’re growing our team to accelerate development of a new business opportunity that we’ve
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.