Risk – Digital Asset Risk Manager for CBDCs, Digital Securities and Enterprise Blockchain – C15
|Published||January 28, 2023|
|Location||New York, NY|
The Digital Asset Risk Manager for CBDCs, Digital Securities and Enterprise Blockchain will report to the Global Head of Digital Asset Product Risk Management.
The Risk Manager is accountable for all matters relating to product risk management of central bank digital currencies (CBDCs), digital securities and enterprise blockchains. This includes providing expert input into the foundational risk management frameworks, digital asset evaluation approaches, digital asset risk management governance forums, and evaluation and approval of new products and services involving CBDCs, digital securities and enterprise blockchain firmwide. The mandate of the Risk Manager covers all regions, all Citi business lines (Institutional Clients Group and Personal Banking & Wealth Management).
The Risk Manager will participate in the Digital Asset Risk Management Working Group. This working group comprises the most senior leaders in the second line of defense - New Activity Risk, Credit Risk, Market Risk, Treasury Risk, Operational Risk, Reputational Risk and Independent Compliance Risk Management - and includes the Global Head of Institutional Clients Group Business Development, Global Head of Digital Assets for the Institutional Clients Group and Global Head of Personal Banking and Wealth Management Product Governance.
The Risk Manager will be tasked to marshal a robust, risk-sensitive and unified risk management view and response to new CBDCs, digital securities and enterprise blockchain initiatives, pilots, proof of concepts and strategic partnerships; and advise the Global Head of Digital Asset Enterprise Risk Management, Global Head of Digital Asset Product Risk Management and New Activity Committee Chairs on idiosyncratic and elevated risks, and participate in the evaluation of CBDCs, digital securities and enterprise blockchain initiatives firmwide.
This is a C15 banding role and to be considered for the Director level title, candidates should already hold this title within their current role / firm.
* Marshal a robust, risk-sensitive and unified risk management view and response to new CBDCs, digital securities and enterprise blockchain initiatives, pilots, proof of concepts and strategic partnerships
* Participate in the evaluation of new CBDCs, digital securities and enterprise blockchain products and services worldwide via the established new activity approval process and partner with the New Activity Risk Management organization
* Provide subject matter expert input into the Digital Asset Risk Management Working Group and in the publication of foundational risk frameworks including the Digital Asset Risk Tolerance Approach and Risk Management Guidelines
* Develop, own and update the asset evaluation approaches for CBDCs, digital securities and enterprise blockchain
* Engage with internal and external stakeholders to explain and discuss the risk, control and governance framework of the firm in relation to CBDCs, digital securities and enterprise blockchain
The role provides unparalleled opportunity to shape the firm's strategy - and help the firm succeed - in the digital asset space. It provides unparalleled organizational exposure, with extensive interaction with senior managers in business lines, Independent Risk Management, control functions and legal entity management.
* Minimum Bachelor's degree is required with extensive years of relevant experience
* Considerable experience in the field of financial services and/or banking
* Strong understanding of risk management practices relevant to new activities
* Specialized expertise and experience in CBDCs, digital securities and enterprise blockchain
* Knowledge of Citi's businesses and products, or the equivalent at organizations of similar complexity and maturity
* A proven track record of advocacy and ability to liaise across diverse stakeholder groups
* Relevant experience and applied knowledge in regulation, with sound understanding of regulatory requirements and the ability to interface with financial regulators as needed