|February 8, 2024
|San Francisco, CA
Analog is building a true Layer-0 blockchain network that ushers in the omnichain future, secured with the Proof-of-Time consensus mechanism.
Backed by world-class investors, our vision is to facilitate the seamless communication of event data between decentralized applications (DApps) across different chains.
We are a non-hierarchical team seeking a highly experienced Senior Blockchain Research Analyst to head up the research team.
About the role
- Scope and implement research projects, from the identification of information gaps through to the successful reporting of results and implications
- Synthesize and prioritize research questions within the organization, working with strategy leadership, the executive team, and cross-functional product groups
- Analyze and audit the system from a security standpoint
- Assist in the optimization of consensus protocol and associated technologies (PoT and Timechain)
- Identify areas of improvement in the overall architecture of the Timechain and Tesseract and implement said improvements
- Clearly and confidently communicate and share research findings to the business, within required timeframes
- Lead and implement a new type of industry research
- Ensure fieldwork is managed accurately, within timelines and budgets, and project requirements are understood by all parties involved
- Ability to fill the architecture gap is a plus
- 4-5+ years of experience in blockchain research projects
- 2+ years of experience in computer science
- 1+ years of experience in blockchain, consensus protocols, decentralized systems, applied cryptography, compilers, p2p, or similar systems
- Previous experience in projects such as Algorand, Cosmos or Polkadot (top 20-30 projects in terms of market cap) is a plus
- Expertise in blockchain security
- Expertise in consensus mechanisms/protocols
- Understanding of blockchain core components and core protocol architecture
- Understanding of core system programming languages & concepts, knowledge of Rust and Substrate is a plus
- Experience with ZKPs (privacy), sharding and scaling solutions is a plus
- Organizing and analyzing data, creating charts and graphs, and presenting your findings to the leadership team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate results of the analysis in easy-to-understand content
- Proven ability to collaborate across cross-functional teams and drive results
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated, and organized
Analog fosters an inclusive work environment that doesn’t tolerate unjust discrimination against race, religion, gender, disability, age or other qualities. We encourage anyone from around the world to apply as long as they meet the job requirements!