|Date Posted||November 13, 2020|
Product Manager - Crypto
Plantation, FL; Chicago, IL; Richardson, TX or Remote
Help us Build the new crypto financial system.
TradeStation Crypto is a cryptocurrency trading service that operates under the TradeStation Group family of companies. We built TradeStation Crypto to serve as a bridge between traditional markets and the developing crypto financial system. At TradeStation Crypto, we are focused on paving a simplified onramp to the crypto-financial world. Our role in this crypto ecosystem is to provide traders and investors the access and tools they need to learn, trade and earn interest.
At TradeStation, we believe in empowering our customers to claim their individual financial edge. We are committed to creating a financial ecosystem that is a step ahead by delivering the best technology, services, education, and support to traders and investors (watch our Manifesto here). We are continuously pushing the boundaries of what is possible, encouraging out-of-the-box thinking and relentless search for innovation.
The Department: Product Management
We are a team of amazing people who work together in a high-performance, goal-oriented culture to provide our customers with exceptional products and services. We offer a collaborative and flexible work environment, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and an unlimited PTO policy.
Our team is made up of skilled product managers with experience in banking, fintech, and cryptocurrency. We draw from top players in the financial and technology industries who are ready to stretch themselves and face the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset world. We are an internal "think tank" that tackles complex, cross-functional projects, iterates on existing products, and acts as the go-to team for Leadership's technical vision. Our Product Managers combine systematic analysis and detailed road mapping to assist in the definition and delivery of product initiatives across the company.
The Role: Product Manager, Cryptocurrency Brokerage
In this role, you will work with business leadership to manage the strategy for our core brokerage business products, while helping to define the scope and objectives for continuous product success. The ideal candidate is an expert cross-functional collaborator, with the ability to balance and communicate priorities across multiple business teams and organize and maintain a roadmap that impacts internal users and customers alike as TradeStation Crypto continues to scale its customer base and product suite.
This role reports to the Senior Director of Product Management and is an ideal opportunity for someone excited to get their hands dirty building and expanding a product offering while rapidly scaling a growing crypto business. This person will have the unique opportunity to influence our overall corporate strategy and help shape the vision of the company as we grow in this space.
The Expertise you have
- BA/BS required advanced degree (e.g. MBA) preferred
- The ideal candidate has experience with retail brokerage customers, building and scaling trading platforms and services as well as operational and regulatory constructs around them.
- Experience with emerging technologies including bitcoin, cryptocurrency, Blockchain and Ethereum
The Skills you bring
- Proven understanding of digital assets, electronic trading, retail brokerage, and the active trader customer segment
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and deliver business results
- Strong communication, presentation, and product leadership skills
- You enjoy collaborating with people from other parts of the organization to achieve a goal
- Proven track record of accepting ambiguity and knowledge of how to utilize your problem-solving skills to find your way out of the fog
- Intellectual curiosity and appetite for continuous learning in the industry and applying these skills to your work
- Ability to think strategically and for the long term without sacrificing pace over perfection
The Value you deliver
- Securing cross-business alignment for product readiness and deployment for assigned products, establishing project launch project plans
- Assist in the development of the product roadmap and setting priority for assigned segments to optimize and meet client/customer needs
- Communicate strategy for individual products or small group of like products based upon competitive forces, regulatory and legislative trends, and the client/customer experience
- Work closely with senior leaders to provide consulting on the integration of product strategy within their business to effectively craft priorities for the team
- Lead functional requirement gathering and author documents/presentations to build out commercially viable business cases
- Build and maintain product-specific content made available to our clients and business stakeholders
- Capture, analyze and improve business workflows with technology to create a scalable business operation
- Engage in proactive development research to continuously identify and/or ideate opportunities for new features and products
- Regularly engage in performance analysis, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Create and maintain comprehensive and high-quality product documentation for use in audits and regulatory exams
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- Experience in UX design, usability testing, and gathering analytics to turn data into actionable insights
- Proven track record of shipping software products in an agile development environment
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing timelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, proven experience driving product and business decisions
- Team-oriented and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves and get into the weeds of a project
- Experience in regulated industries, FinTech, cryptocurrency, or retail banking preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with:
- Cryptocurrencies and/or blockchain technology
- Financial technology, such as exchanges or trading platforms
- Fast-paced startup environment