|Published||August 5, 2022|
|Location||Foster City, CA|
DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
About this position
We are looking for hands-on Blockchain experts to join the Technology & Strategy Group within DISH Technologies, based out of Englewood, CO. This role will be spearheading the development of innovative and new customer experiences on Blockchain for broadcast, OTT and wireless services.
The ideal candidate is expected to be an experienced Blockchain engineer with hands-on experience in architecting and designing, coding, and testing digital asset related software components to build functional, performant, scalable, production software. You will be working directly with different team members that are partially or completely focused on Blockchain and digital asset related projects. The person is one who is ready to roll up their sleeves and lead/contribute in the development of multiple projects. At the same time s/he is able to explain the architecture and implementation details to various stakeholders at different levels across the organization.
This is a highly impactful role, with multiple vacancies and possibilities to have a strong candidate to assume the role of an Engineering Manager / Leader for the Blockchain team.
Primary responsibilities and skills include the following areas:
- Prepare technical documentation and diagrams for digital assets and contribute to developing guidance with a focus on topical areas: private key management, smart contract platforms, multi-signature arrangements, privacy coins, protocol governance, byzantine fault tolerance, proof-of-work, and proof-of-stake consensus models
- Analyze, design, code, and test digital asset related software components to build functional, performant, scalable, production software
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices in relevant tech stacks.
- Work with lead developers on multiple projects in order to make sure all technical roadblocks are handled and to provide guidance to keep timelines on track.
- Work as a subject matter resource for supporting client engagement teams in building software to address risks of digital asset ecosystems covering, compliance, regulatory, BSA/AML, cyber, operational, Blockchain, and financial risks.
- Work with product teams and stakeholders to gather requirements and translate them into technical stories where tasks can be grouped into sprints and labeled with level-of-effort hour estimates and timelines.
- Work together with designers and product owners to ensure the direction of designs/feature ideas align with what is technically feasible, provide ideas to release features in iterations.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- A 4-year college degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, Bachelor of Science preferred, master’s degree is preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience in a product development organization that produces applications/services for 1 million+ customers
- A strong desire to learn new things and continually improve yourself and those around you with a “can do anything” mentality
- You live to experiment, test, fail fast, and learn as you go, we are not looking for a cookie cutter solution to our complex problems
- 10+ years overall experience in software engineering, out of which 3+ years of software development experience with focus on digital assets and blockchain technology. Hands-on experience with any of modern programming languages (node.js, golang, python, etc) is required
- 2+ years of developer experience in cryptographic algorithms utilized by public blockchain networks (e.g., elliptic curve, symmetric and public key cryptography, hashing and other cryptography related topics)
- Understanding of digital assets and have worked with at least one open source project such as Bitcoin and Ethereum
- Experience with Agile development and managing tasks in JIRA
- Strong experience with source control tools such as github/gitlab/bitbucket.
Nice to have:
- Full Stack ReactJS/Node.js/React Native experience is preferred.
- Experience building project roadmaps (including level of effort estimates/timeline +resource calculations)
- Experience with AWS cloud services, particularly Blockchain related services
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience building Internet scale applications that are highly performant and scalable
Compensation: $115,500.00/Year - $189,750.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.