|Published||June 10, 2022|
Espresso Systems mission is to bring Web3 applications like decentralized finance, NFTs, and DAOs to the mainstream by making them cheaper, scalable, and more private for users with a focus on achieving cheaper transactions than any other blockchain scaling solution through a new proof-of-stake protocol that implements a decentralized ZK-Rollup. This protocol will act both as a standalone platform and a solution to be used by existing blockchains like Ethereum. Interoperability is achieved via bridges.
In addition to scalability, we support applications with greater privacy guarantees than exist in today's smart contract ecosystems. Leveraging zero-knowledge proofs, we have developed an Auditable Anonymous Payments protocol that allows developers to determine what transactional data remains private and for whom.
Contributors to our team will comprise pf a diverse team located around the world. We are passionate about building better infrastructure for how we transact and interact online. We are builders, designers, researchers, and hackers and have contributed to academia, in open source communities, in policymaking, and beyond. We are backed by over $30M in funding from leading investors in technology and crypto including Greylock Partners, Electric Capital, Sequoia Capital, and Polychain Capital.
As a Lead Systems Engineer, you will be a hands-on project leader for a core component of our system, working together with management to make Spectrum a reality. Your focus will be on the communication, consensus, storage, and reliability aspects of Spectrum, while using the cryptography tools developed by our team.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of Espresso’s core blockchain infrastructure in Rust
- Take engineering projects from concept and design to production
- Create sound and realistic roadmaps
- Ensure deliverables for your project are met on time
- Work with management to determine the hiring needs of your project
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant field, or equivalent computer science and software engineering experience
- Experience shipping and taking engineering projects to production
- Experience with distributed systems and/or blockchain systems, especially P2P networking and consensus
- Understanding of software engineering and security best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for writing correct code
- Proficiency with Rust in a production environment (or similar strongly-typed languages such as C++, Haskell, Ocaml, etc.)
- Experience working on blockchain infrastructure, e.g. a layer-1 blockchain
- Enthusiasm for the rapidly developing Web3 ecosystem
- Competitive salary, ownership, and benefits
- Work from anywhere: we are a remote team and will supply you with everything you need for your own work setup, including co-working space local to you if you want it. Note that we mostly collaborate around US time zones.
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Top-tier healthcare including dental and vision for all United States-based employees