|Published||October 3, 2023|
|Location||Jersey City, NJ|
Be an integral part of an agile team that's constantly pushing the envelope to enhance, build, and deliver top-notch technology products.
As a Lead Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase within the Enterprise Technology, Core Blockchain Team, you will be an integral part of an agile team that works to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. Drive significant business impact through your capabilities and contributions, and apply deep technical expertise and problem-solving methodologies to tackle a diverse array of challenges that span multiple technologies and applications.
- Design Peer-to-peer distributed systems and implement using multiple technology stacks.
- Collaborate with various line of business technology teams to design and build robust and performant blockchain-based solutions.
- Design and implement blockchain supporting tools and utilities (e.g., CLI client, tools for exploring the blockchain, monitoring, benchmarking or debugging tools)
- Research, strategize and educate on methodology and best practices for blockchain design, implementation, and deployment.
- Implement rigorous and thorough monitoring and testing practices to ensure the security and performance goals of blockchain infrastructure
- Design and verify cryptographic protocols deployed on the blockchain
- Design blockchain solutions, such that it can support benchmark use-cases of decentralized applications, with proven and verified cryptographic protocols
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- 10+ years' experience in Developer / Design in large and complex distributed computing environments
- Experience with Linux and Ubuntu
- Security-first development mindset and understanding of security procedures and practices.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services such as Amazon, Google, or Microsoft
- Familiarity with using Git or other version control software for source code management
- Experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical field
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience with one or more front-development frameworks, such as React or Angular
- Thorough understanding of cryptographic protocols and blockchain implementations
- A working knowledge of Docker and of using the Vagrant environment
- Distributed computing experience such as Kafka and RabbitMQ
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents and perspectives that they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. (If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability and wish to request an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us by calling the Accessibility Line (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690 and indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.)
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, we offer discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of firm performance and individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veterans
Jersey City,NJ $147,250.00 - $215,000.00 / year