|Published||January 24, 2023|
|Location||New York, NY|
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team - one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer Blockchain
Mastercard is looking for a talented Lead Software Development Engineer to join the Mastercard Blockchain and Digital Assets engineering team. In this role you will be part of a highly agile team building exciting and innovative products using multiple Blockchain technology and components delivered at scale to global markets.
Our team is built on a foundation of research and development, innovation mentality, thinking through new product lines using Blockchain / Distributed ledger technology, managing new products from inception to market validation and engaging strategically with start-ups to shape the future of commerce within the digital assets space with and for our customers. At Mastercard you will help define the future of commerce globally.
This team will have a major focus on adopting Blockchain technology to bring innovative payment solutions to market.
This role involves working with a team of talented developers to develop high performance Java based solutions.
* Responsible for the analysis, design, and development of software solutions
* Defines requirements for new applications and customizations, adhering to standards, processes, and best practices
* Provides technical leadership to projects including architecting and creating a high-level design, working with other technical leaders to drive out the detailed design and implementation of highly complex applications, interfaces and integrations
* Applies technical capabilities within own discipline to coach and develop junior employees
* Integrates at an enterprise level using third-party middleware or messaging products, or by designing and implementing custom interfaces and mapping for those interfaces
* Responsible for performance engineering of the enterprise software architecture, and providing functional guidance, advice, and/or training to other application developers
* Group-wide and external public speaking and other communications conveying domain level directions
* Researches and evaluates tools and acquisition opportunities to support cross-domain needs
* Proficiency with Java JDK 8 or greater.
* Knowledge of Tomcat, Spring, Spring Boot, Shell Scripting, JSON.
* Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or other container orchestration solutions.
* Expertise in Junit or other automated unit testing frameworks.
* Knowledge of CI/CD principles and tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven.
* Knowledge of Source Control Management and working with code in a multi-developer
* Experience with a UI framework such as Angular a plus
* Extensive experience with Blockchain protocols such as Ethereum and smart contract language such as Solidity ; deep experience in using these technology to design and create products , platforms and networks of scale
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
* Loves creating innovative solutions to problems in a collaborative fun environment
* Advanced knowledge and understanding of modern software engineering concepts and methodologies
* Passionate about software development and comfortable in a fluid environment
* Passionate about code quality and coding best practices
* Show initiative and demonstrate a willingness to take on challenging opportunities
* Excellent communication (verbal and written) and strong collaboration skills
* Must be driven, highly motivated and a strong team-player
* Interested in mentoring and helping grow the skills of the next generation of software developers
* Advanced software development experience for 8 ~ 12 years in Banking and Financial Services industry or related
In many locations, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
* Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
* Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
* Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
* Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.