|Location||Jersey City, NJ|
|Date Posted||December 29, 2021|
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you’ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Why You’ll Love this Job
The Lead DLT Automation Test Engineer is responsible for independently leading Test Engineering teams. The candidate will develop test plans and execute those plans against the corresponding test procedures for DLT block chain project. The applicant will be accountable for the development, release, and maintenance of test procedures.
What You'll Do
Responsible for system integration testing, including automation, of newly developed or improved applications.
Responsible for reviewing requirements and design artifacts, developing unit, integration and system test cases, ensuring extensive test coverage for our cloud application
Play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete work
Provides testing expertise, testing oversight and direction for multiple projects. Ensures the functionality of the functional design specification is met.
Lead, develop, and consult on test automation strategies and provide critical feedback in requirements, design, implementation and execution phases
Develop and improve next generation Test Engineering Automation solutions in a Continuous Integration environment
Extensive experience working in an Agile/DevOps environment in collaboration with BAs, product owners and application developers.
Define, design, development, documentation and maintenance of tools and Automation Frameworks for current and next gen Software Platforms/Frameworks as part of an Agile team
Partner with Product Management, Application Development, DevOps and other Technical teams.
Experienced in mentoring more junior Test engineers, verifying work products and providing mentorship as needed.
Capable of working on multiple work streams concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
Perform test engineering activities such as review of high-level design, detail design, test plan and results.
Teaches, assigns, directs, and reviews the work produced by other team members on the Team.
Assists in coordinating the implementation of changes to improve performance.
Acts as subject matter expert for applications/systems under his/her responsibility.
Coordinates with internal and external interfaces in more sophisticated end-to-end testing situations.
Prepares the data within the environment vital for larger and more sophisticated systems.
**NOTE: Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above. **
Talents Needed For Success:
- 6 years of experience with automated unit and integration testing using Java/Selenium
- Experience in Agile/Waterfall, onsite/offshore work model and coordination
- In depth knowledge of the software implementation lifecycle (specifically the testing model, methodology, and processes),
- Test Engineering methodologies and Test Automation Frameworks
- Extensive experience with testing modern scripting language-based components.
- Experience with front-end & backend testing
- Experience with JIRA, Micro focus ALM, Bitbucket, Git, and Jenkins
- Experience with test data management
- Detailed understanding of smoke testing, black-box, and non-black box testing, as well as regression testing
- Experience in estimating, prioritizing, and planning testing activities
- Requires the ability to work well with both business clients and technical team and the ability to work independently, both individually and as part of a team.
- Must have 1-3 years hands-on development/testing experience in DLT block chain applications
- 1-3 years hands-on Java application development / design experience is a plus
- Hands-on Selenium development skills with significant experience applying those skills in test environments
- Continuous integration CI/CD and DevOps environment is a must
- Experience in API testing
- Experience with at least one RDBMS such as Aurora, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, etc.
- Experience in writing sophisticated SQL queries.
- Experience in financial industry related to investment banking.
- Development and testing in AWS Cloud based application
- Basic knowledge of Linux, Unix
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Sophisticated java will be big plus
- Deep knowledge of automation at all software layers (e.g. UI, services, APIs, etc.) as well as CI/CD technologies (e.g. Cloudbees, Jenkins, Cucumber, Git, Jira, etc.).
We offer top class training and development for you to be an asset in our organization!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry’s needs and we’re working to continually improve the world’s most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
DTCC proudly supports Flexible Work Arrangements favoring openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you’ll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It’s the chance to make a difference at a company that’s truly one of a kind.
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets. The team delivers high-quality information through activities that include development of essential, building infrastructure capabilities to meet client needs and implementing data standards and governance.