|Date Posted||July 18, 2020|
DNV GL – Business Assurance is seeking a Key Customer Manager to join our team. The Key Customer Manager shall lead the business development work for assigned critical accounts, actively building relationships with key decision makers and influencers in the Customer’s organization and with associated stakeholders. The KCM is expected to enable a deep understanding and foresight of customer needs. The successful candidate will be responsible for achieving assigned strategic objectives, including sales achievement with the specific Key Customers. This position may be based out of any DNV GL or remote (home) office within the continental United States. Occasional off-hours availability for meetings with colleagues and customers in other time zones around the world is expected.
The KCM will represent the entire range of company products and services to Key Customers, and is responsible for the satisfaction and retention of existing Key Customer accounts, with an emphasis on increasing sales in line with assigned sales objectives.
Working closely with the Market & Industries Team, Regional Managers and Area Sales teams, with Digital Assurance and Supply Chain (DASC) leadership team, the sales network and operations, this position requires the ability to achieve results through teamwork and collaboration.
Tasks May Include
- Actively build relationships with key decision makers and influencers in the Key Customers’ organizations and with associated stakeholders, enabling a deep understanding and foresight of customer needs
- Develop an understanding of the Key Customers’ (and their subsidiaries and affiliates) needs and challenges in all respects, including their organization, geographical spread, offering, business structure and environment and existing DNV GL relationships, as well as a sound understanding of the Key Customers’ vision and values, financials and culture
- Coordinate business development and sales initiatives taking place in other DNV GL units in relation to KCs under their responsibility
- Act as an ambassador of trusted partnership and be accountable for the success and growth of our Key Customer relationships
- Work very closely with the Market & Industries function, Digital Assurance & Supply Chain (DASC) sales leadership team, Area Sales Teams and the Sales network, to achieve business results, goals, and KPIs
- Achieve assigned Sales objectives in designated strategic account
- Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards
- Stay up to date on new technologies, market events/conditions affecting the industry and other competitive intelligence to better serve our existing customers, cultivate prospects, and untimely grow company’s presence and increase revenue
- Achieve assigned sales targets
- Deliver service portfolio differentiation towards Key Customers with special focus on “beyond MSC services” (for example, Product Assurance (PA), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Assessment Services (AS), Digital Assurance (DA)
- Achieve strong Customer Retention metrics
- Collaborate on a regular basis with the Key Customer Project Manager(s) and Key Customer Account Officer(s) to proactively assess, clarify and validate contractual obligations, customer needs and resolution on an on-going basis
- Enhance customer centricity and improve customer satisfaction
- Collect and contribute to the gathering and consolidation of experience, best practice and case studies related to the Key Customers
- Identify the need for development of new solutions to address Key Customer challenges
- Be responsible for applying price/rate/discount/T&C according to the current DNV GL procedural framework and Chart of Authority
- Prepare, update and maintain Account Development Plans
- Deliver the Welcome Pack for every new contract signed
- Support the Key Customer Project Manager in the preparation of the Contract Brief
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience in Management Systems Certification and in-depth knowledge of the management standards industry, latest developments and changing market conditions required
- Demonstrable proficiency in Sales, and working with enterprise accounts to grow adoption of a service portfolio
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good knowledge in the Digital Assurance domain (blockchain solutions, digital tagging, track and trace, IoT, “tokenized” economy, data mining \u2026)
- Customer oriented. Focus on experience and influence organization to become closer to the customer
- Solution oriented mind-set combined with a pragmatic approach
- Takes keen interest in driving change wherever required
- Strong networking capability, with a demonstrable network of relevant industry contacts
- Ability to work in uncertainty and drive success through changing circumstances
- Ability to function as a Transformation Manager, with a strong focus on change management, team cohesion and good communication.
- Demonstrable success working with and driving success as a team; ability to influence others and drive mutual success through collaboration
- Innovative by nature, with a sense of urgency and “can-do attitude”
- Willingness and ability to travel local and international
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- A commitment to DNV GL’s leadership expectations, including results orientation, customer focus, respect, care, and foresight
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position.** Opportunities Beyond Business Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package. DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is one of the world’s leading certification bodies. We help businesses assure the performance of their organizations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment, and training services. Partnering with our customers, we build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust across all types of industries.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!