|Date Posted||December 3, 2019|
TITLE: Information Technology Project Manager-Finance Emerging Technologies
Work Location: Houston (Occasional travel to Bartlesville, OK)
The Project Manager is accountable to the Project Sponsor for all matters related to the assigned project. They have single-point accountability for defining and creating a project solution which will meet the expectations of the business and ensure realization of the benefits articulated in the business case.
* Project Owner
* Project Sponsor
* IT Portfolio Manager
* IT Business Partner
* Project Team Members
* IT Business Partners/Analysts
* IT Operations Teams
* Vendors and service providers
Primary Responsibility - Must be able to manage the day-to-day oversight and adherence to schedule for 10-15 projects at a time, working with respective IT COEs and other groups, external contractors, consultants and vendors and multiple client stakeholders. This will include Robotics Process Automation and other emerging technology proofs of concept and pilots.
* Accountable for FEL (Front-End Loading) processes are followed to build a business case, project plan, and other required documentation for project approval.
* Accountable to the project sponsor, project owner and steering team deliver the project and individual projects within approved schedule, cost and quality while using the COP-IT approved processes and methodology
* Accountable to mitigate projects risks within the project team and escalate when necessary
* Ensures all change management processes are followed and manages all project communications
* Ensures organizational readiness before project "go lives"
* Manages and communicates transparent project metrics and progress reports
* Forecasts and manages resource requirements and assignments working with functional supervisors to ensure the right subject matter experts are available and assigned to the projects
* Directs and motivates the project team
* Reports projects' progress to ensure the business case is delivered
* Tracks all project milestones/deliverables & expenditures and reports against the budget
* Ensures quality metrics are met
* Manages all integration partners
* Identifies and manages risks
* Responsible for scope management
* Ensures all business, IT and security standards are met
* Responsible for the overall project completion and documentation of the lessons learned report
* Manages the project spend and provides monthly re-forecast estimates and emphasizes the importance of cost control with all project managers assigned to the project
* Legally authorized to work in the United States
* Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science or related field
* 5+ years of project management experience (Planning; Organization; Estimating; Directing; Tracking; Controlling; Analyzing; Forecasting; Issues and Risk Management)
* 10+ years in Information Technology with experience in service delivery and/or operations and the demonstrated ability to understand and interpret technical requirements
* Proven ability to deliver commitments on schedule & within budget and meeting quality acceptance criteria
* Proven ability to bring new technology into a company and experience managing Proofs of Concept.
* Demonstrated expertise with guiding teams through estimating and planning
* Demonstrated ability to lead Agile teams
* Proven vendor people management experience including managing off-shore resourcing
* Demonstrated ability to work through complex issues and problems to reach alignment
* Ability to manage and mitigate risks
* Understanding of all internal and external governing regulations, policies and procedures
* Excellent communication/interpersonal skills for interacting with managers and staff levels
* Proven vendor management experience
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel, SAP
* Experience implementing emerging technologies such as robotic process automation (RPA), iOCR (intelligent optical character recognition), natural language processing, Blockchain, chat bots, or machine learning.
* Experience as an agile SCRUM master and proficient at using agile tracking tools (e.g. Azure Dev Ops)
* Ability to create/manage dashboards and burn-down charts for tracking progress and reporting to key stakeholders
* PMP and SCRUM master certifications
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.