|Date Posted||May 20, 2020|
Big 4 exp required
The IT Internal Audit Manager, will provide independent and objective assessments of the effectiveness of risk management activities, the internal control environment, and compliance with applicable regulations.
- 8+ years of public accounting and/or private industry IT Internal Audit. Prior experience in mortgage origination/underwriting or servicing processes is beneficial but not required.
- Proficient in audit methodology, including a strong understanding of risk assessment and control processes
- Experience with and understanding of Internal Auditing standards, COSO, as well as IT risk and control standards such as COBIT, ISO 27001, NIST.
- Strong background in Information Security and CyberSecurity. Exposure to, or strong desire to learn about, emerging technologies including Cloud, Agile, DevOps, APIs, Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence, Robotic Process Automation and Blockchain.
- Ability to analyze complex processes and to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of the process and related controls.
- Excellent coaching, mentoring and facilitation skills
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage, and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions
- Experience in presenting information to all levels of an organization, including the ability to sell ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to prioritize work and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, with a concentration in Accounting, MIS or Information Technology
- CISA designation is preferred.
- Excel, Microsoft Access, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Visio
- Evaluate key risk areas to define audit scope, objectives, and audit approach, from planning to execution of audit engagements.
- Provide risk and control coverage of COMPANY business functional and operating units, focusing on IT processes, and IT application controls within financial and operational processes. Evaluate the adequacy and test effectiveness of IT internal controls, compliance with company IT policies and regulatory requirements, and identify opportunities for process improvements. Perform gap analysis of IT process documentation, IT process flows and IT policies against accepted standards.
- Communicate project status, audit results, and process improvements to executive management and key stakeholders through formal meetings and written deliverables
- Review, approve, and finalize audit work papers completed by IT audit staff and consultants. Ensure audit work papers are clear and concise and comply with IIA standards and internal policies and procedures
- Prepare testing methodologies to evaluate the adequacy of technology-related controls
- Present findings and recommendations to all levels of management
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships and builds partnerships with audited areas to ensure mutual understanding of risks, audit scope, procedures, and reporting progress
- Supervise and coach audit team to ensure assignments are adequately planned, ensuring work is performed in accordance with company and internal audit standards, answer questions, provide technical assistance to the audit staff, and provide staff assessments
- Prepare audit reports and provide review and edits to staff draft audit reports (and other correspondences) to ensure clarity, conciseness and comprehensibility. Ensure that audit reports clearly communicate the risks, in terms of impact to the business and root cause, and key audit issues
- Assist in the annual risk assessment process
- Manage budgeted hours and maintain timeframes of the project to meet audit requirements
- Advise and coordinate with other departments about policies, procedures and process improvements