|Date Posted||March 5, 2020|
Bring your skills and passion to a global leader in the fitness technology industry! Join Company, a rapidly-growing, bootstrapped, profitable company looking for motivated problem-solvers and independent thinkers who aren’t afraid to take charge. Our cutting-edge software empowers gym owners, members, and coaches, and our love of innovation is matched only by our commitment to giving back to the community. To date, we’ve connected two million people and 5,000 gyms in 90 countries.
A Day in the Life:
- Provide hands on and strategic guidance of all technology and engineering-related decisions, including product roadmap, to maximize the company's future growth and profitability
- Evaluate and evolve current application architecture, handle verification and validation of mission critical software, and aid in decision-making aimed at developing a more seamless, scalable product. (This could include a product rebuild if deemed necessary.)
- Oversee the hiring and management of all technology-related staff, consultants, and 3rd party vendors (engineers, data scientists, IT personnel, QA testing resource, etc.)
- Implement technology solutions and development tools that may improve efficiency and effectiveness of all Departments, and in a fashion that supports the company's KPIs, mission and values.
- Implement information security standards/policies, including running audits and document security procedures
- Lead writing and management of software related documentation
- Devise an application deployment strategy, including guidance of DevOps and hosting server infrastructure
- Make recommendations for product improvements, and any other innovations that could be beneficial within any/all company departments and projects, based on technological research – especially those within the ticketing and blockchain industries, explore new tools/technologies to improve development efficiency and product quality
- Analyze and report on opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services, including identification of competitive services, product and enhancement requirements, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s services.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- At least 10 years in the software development industry
- 8+ years in software products (R&D), with 3+ years in senior leadership positions
- Proven track record of engineering SaaS products that have been commercially successful in the market
- Experienced at ramping up teams quickly and leading global full stack engineering and product teams at scale
- Experience as a Solutions / Integration /Infrastructure Architect
- The following would be advantageous: mobile software product experience and experience leading at a startup
Education & Training:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (Computer Science, Software Engineering, Engineering)