|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||March 17, 2021|
The Head of Business Development for Liink will be responsible for achieving financial goals, structuring and growing ecosystem partner and client relationships as well as building and managing a team of Business Development professionals across the globe. This is a key leadership role reporting directly to the Global Head of Business Development for the new business segment.
What will you do
- Evaluate, structure and execute commercial agreements for this new portfolio of Liink services with target partners including public and private financial institutions, corporations and fintech players across the globe.
- Develop relationships and drive C-level engagements with partners across the global payments and fintech ecosystem.
- Build and manage a world-class team of Business Development managers in key global locations including the US, EMEA, Asia Pacific and Latin America.
- Develop, manage and aggressively advance a robust client, partner and revenue pipeline on a global basis.
- Ensure internal teams are working on the right priorities to capitalize on market opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with product, design and tech teams to prototype new services and capabilities with clients, align and pivot product roadmaps, define reasonable economic models and serve as the voice of the client in all interactions.
- Support corporate development activities such as M&A, strategic investments, asset spinouts, etc.
- Help identify and develop external-facing thought leadership materials.
- Contribute to the overall strategy, business focus and resource allocation decision making for Liink.
- Raise and advocate for new, client and market-driven product and service concepts.
- Own the long term success, including financial metrics and shareholder value, of the partnerships we develop for this new business unit.
Skills we are seeking
- Ability to rapidly understand emerging technologies and business models and naturally see commercial opportunities.
- Ability to attract and mange talent, be a persuasive negotiator and thrive in a high intensity environment.
- Passion for creatively solving problems and an entrepreneurial spirit. Ability to adeptly pivot opportunities based on new information and market forces.
- Commercially-minded connector with a demonstrated ability to build and manage a large network of external partnerships.
- Contrarian mentality to uncover partnership opportunities with seemingly competitive players.
- Resourcefulness to filter a large number of client and partner opportunities into the most impactful engagements.
- Strong communication/presentation skills (i.e. creating content) that can be consumed at all seniority levels with both internal and external audiences.
- 12+ years of business/corporate development, strategy or sales leadership experience within the financial services industry. Platform/network business experience a strong plus.
- 3+ years’ experience with blockchain technology in a commercial setting.
- Demonstrated ability to meet aggressive growth metrics and client/partner development objectives, specifically for emerging businesses versus mature financial services products.
- Track record of building and managing high performance business development teams on a global basis.
- Strong knowledge of emerging financial services technologies. Specifically, blockchain and APIs as well as exposure to design-based thinking practices.
- Deep understanding of the global payments industry and proven relationship experience with leaders across global banks, central banks, card networks, technology firms and fintechs.
- Participation or management of a new business or product launch in a large organization or experience at a startup a plus.
- Exposure to international markets from a payments, markets, FX, supply chain and/or treasury standpoint.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
- BA or BS required. MBA preferred
- Global travel required