|Published||January 12, 2023|
|Location||San Francisco, CA|
This position could be located in CA (primary), and WA.
As an Assurance Services Audit – Blockchain Developer Experienced Staff, you will be a part of the US Blockchain Assurance team, an innovative and collaborative group of software developers, auditors and technology consultants who are dedicated to developing the deep technical understanding, methodology and tools required to enable a variety of Assurance services to companies that hold and transact in digital assets. You will have the opportunity to research the latest public blockchains, smart contracts and digital assets, as well as serve the clients that drive this exciting and disruptive industry forward.
The US Blockchain Assurance team critically supports the remarkable growth of Assurance services the EY organization is now offering companies in the digital asset ecosystem, such as well-known global digital asset exchanges, custodians, miners/validators, payment providers, investment managers and broker-dealers to name a few. To provide Assurance services including audits, audit-readiness, forensic investigations and related due diligence, we must have a technical understanding of the wide variety of public blockchains, smart contracts and the digital assets native to these platforms, along with the relevant risks and controls involved. We also must develop the tools and methodology to assess our clients’ activities in this sector. The Blockchain Assurance team makes this possible.
We are a small, focused team that is rapidly growing. You will be exposed to and involved with all levels of business management and have numerous opportunities for personal growth and career development. While the Blockchain Assurance team primarily focuses on US clients, you will be collaborating with similar teams in other regions in Europe, India, Asia-Pacific and the Americas.
Your key responsibilities
• Full-stack development including front-end and back-end
• Translate requirements from architects and product managers into functional code
• Solve technical problems and provide innovative solutions to build and support client solutions/implementations as well as our core product offerings
• Keep up-to-date on emerging leading practices in this fast-growing area and identify where and how new practices can be applied
• Work effectively with client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds, fostering an innovative and inclusive work environment
Skills and attributes for success
We’re seeking self-motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. Someone who can easily function in a collaborative, high-demand, performance-driven environment. In addition, we’re looking for people who recognize the importance of new technologies and are willing to learn and be curious. If you’re passionate about problem-solving and finding innovative solutions to complex issues, this role is for you.
Above and beyond any of the “essential” skills for this job, you must have a love of learning and experimenting with new technologies and a passion for learning by doing.
To qualify for the role you must have
• A minimum of 2 years’ related work experience in application development
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Management or related field.
• Testing frameworks such as Jest, Mocha, etc. a plus
• Database technologies including both NoSQL and SQL architectures
• Git or other version control/source code management software
• Previous development experience in Agile teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical writing and client presentations
Ideally, you’ll also have
We also look for (but do not require) prior knowledge and experience with:
• Ethereum, including Solidity and/or other cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, etc.)
• Container technologies such as Docker
• DevOps and cloud providers such as Azure and AWS a plus
What we offer
As part of this role, you'll work in a highly integrated, global team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your career forward. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits available in your country. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.