|Date Posted||January 30, 2021|
As a Junior Financial Analyst, you will be a part of a fast growing Finance team and will be instrumental in maximizing the efficiency and effectiveness of current internal processes.
This role will require a high level of adaptability, proactive attitude, and willingness to grow your knowledge within the blockchain industry. You will take ownership of certain process areas to support your team members whilst developing a deep understanding of financial and accounting practices within a fast paced startup environment.
- Take ownership of the invoice processing workflow, including initial processing, approval requests and payments tracking, covering a wide array of invoices in multiple currencies.
- Assist with monthly customer invoice preparation.
- Assist with closing the weekly books on a timely basis; including bank reconciliations, bookkeeping, prepayments, profit and loss and balance sheet analysis.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and expense reimbursements.
- Assist with financial modeling requests from various stakeholders.
- Process various payments from different sources.
- Maintain underlying information to ensure budgeting tools operate on the most recent and complete set of data.
- Deal with ad hoc requests from the wider business.
- A basic knowledge of accounting is essential; CPA is preferred but not required.
- 1-2 years proven experience is essential.
- Strong interest to learn and develop knowledge surrounding accounting and bookkeeping.
- A desire to learn and proactive attitude to help the team grow.
- Hold a flexible approach to working in a startup environment.
- Excellent all-round IT skills; in particular Excel, Google Workspace; Mail; Sheets; Docs.
- Proven time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines with a high level to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong approach to collaborating and communicating with the finance and wider teams.