|Published||June 16, 2022|
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you're passionate about.
What's Important to You Is Important to Us
We're looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them-friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission-making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don't take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes 2021 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• 2021 People Companies that Care
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Computerworld Best Places to Work in IT
We are a motivated and experienced team of top performers who are committed to providing a mutually respectful work environment. At Navy Federal, we believe diversity and equal employment opportunities among our teammates are critical to our success as a financial institution. Collaboration and consensus-building is in our culture. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented professionals from a diverse candidate pool across the globe.
Navy Federal is looking for a seasoned architect with real-world experience in the architecture, design, and deployment of blockchain-based solutions. The ideal candidate would have experience both as an enterprise architect, and in the solutioning of specific, deployed blockchain applications for enterprise purposes in the financial industry. Blockchain experience may include Ethereum, Hyperledger or other blockchain frameworks. Functional areas could include cryptocurrency, smart contracts, decentralized applications (dApps), digital tokens, or other applications of relevance and interest to the financial industry. The architect's primary responsibility will be providing high-level architecture guidance and design input for possible new applications for use at Navy Federal, including conceiving of or proposing uses of blockchain technology, analyzing requirements, identifying appropriate framework(s), and supporting new or ongoing initiatives to deploy such solutions. The candidate should be adept at rapid prototyping and development of Proof of Concept (PoC) solutions and have strong knowledge of/working experience in cryptography and related protocols. dApp development skills with experience in Solidity, Vyper, Simplicity, DAML etc., with specific focus on banking and FinTech, are a plus.
• Provide high-level architecture guidance and domain expertise for uses of blockchain and cryptocurrency-related technologies in the financial industry
• Provide architecture direction and support for new or ongoing blockchain-related initiatives
• Research, design, and test blockchain and cryptocurrency-related technologies
• Brainstorm and help evaluate applications for new tools and technologies as they continually evolve
• Support efforts to prototype or execute PoCs, including integration with front end interfaces
• Collaborate with a cross-functional team to define needs and requirements
• Propose state-of-the-art architecture to support new use cases
• Create architecture and design artifacts
• Keep a pulse on the developments happening within various blockchain consortia and forums
• Learn Navy Federal's business model and work with other architecture domains, as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science or related degree
• Significant experience in the role of an IT and/or Business Architect, supporting various functional and technical domains across medium-to-large scale enterprises to achieve strategic and organizational goals
• Specific experience in the blockchain space, with a solid understanding of blockchain concepts, cryptography and its blockchain underpinnings, and adjunct services such as crypto wallets, cryptocurrencies, digital tokens, etc. At least some experience must be in creating and deploying real-world blockchain-based products and solutions
• Experience with and knowledge of Cloud application concepts, with particular focus on Microsoft Azure
• Demonstrated understanding of Decentralized Finance (DeFi) concepts
• Fluency in major use cases for blockchain technology within the financial industry
• Ability to translate high-level technical requirements to architecture schematics and detailed design specifications, including process flow diagrams and message sequence charts to describe technical realization at an appropriate level of detail
• Fluency in Agile methodologies, modern CI/CD toolsets and SRE concepts. Must be able to collaborate with, and support transition of requirements, prototypes, and artifacts to, delivery and engineering teams
• Advanced skill communicating with all levels within an organization, including written, verbal and presentation skills
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Banking and/or financial services industry experience, and knowledge of the functions and business model for a depository institution, trends and emergent technologies
• Experience implementing in different blockchain frameworks using different consensus algorithms in both public and private domains
• Experience in Solidity or equivalent smart contracts development language
• TOGAF 9.x certification
• Certifications in Microsoft Azure (e.g. Solution Architect)
• Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification(s)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602 | Remote
Salary: $109,900 - $187,900
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
*Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report onsite 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting onsite will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and onboarding process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act. - provided by Dice