|Date Posted||March 1, 2021|
Emerging Technologies / Innovations Lead Engineer
Industry: Manufacturing & Production
Job Category: Engineering - Industrial / Manufacturing
Salary - $125,000 to $160,000 Base + Full Benefits
Paid Relocation Available
Must be willing to travel 50-70%
Must have great communication skills
Will be traveling to various consortiums/ trade shows / vendors / other Fortune 500 companies
Looking for strong communicator, visionary, and innovator to be the face of Industry. This position will work with external partnerships to identify emerging technologies in the manufacturing space, set the vision and key technology building blocks for the factory of the future, and lead key communications both internal and external.
- External relationships/prospecting - develop strong relationships with suppliers/consortiums, universities to place bets on innovations that will pay off for mfg & stay abreast of current and emerging trends, unique opportunities and challenges of the industry and manufacturing
- Would consult/bring their experience to guide team on roadmap/agile/innovation process
- Face of (ex: 5G interviews) as expert in field
- Lead on setting vision for Factory of the Future and key technology building blocks
- Leverage global team for advancements - understand strategic advantage of each region
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- 3+ years’ experience in Industry implementation in manufacturing, consulting, or business development
- Strong communicator - Communicate as a consultant that is able to speak to C-Suite executives about the benefits and how it unlocks new value for their organization and communicate to the technical teams as an engineer and help guide them through the process of adopting/IIoT technologies into their factory operations; persuasive
- Proven ability to scout new technologies and carry through to implementation
- Technically sound in a few of these areas: Automation, telecommunications, 5G, blockchain, IOT, digital twin, AI - rich technical expertise & experience implementing Industry technologies – both on IT as well as OT
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in a related career field
- Advanced degree in business
- Experience in manufacturing
3+ years’ experience in Industry implementation in manufacturing, consulting or business development
Have the proven ability to scout new technologies and carry through to implementation.
Be technically sound in: Automation as well as emerging tech like telecommunications, 5G, blockchain, IOT, digital twin, AI - rich technical expertise & experience implementing Industry technologies – both on IT as well as OT.
Min of a Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in a related career field