|Published||May 4, 2022|
|Location||New York, NY|
Who we are For over 230 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $15 billion in revenues and market capitalization of approximately $50 billion BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including: Managing the custody of over $31 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates Investing over $1.8 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise Serving family offices and high net worth individuals in our top 10 wealth manager ($250 billion assets) Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers (over $1.8 trillion in client assets) Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers (over $4.7 trillion) In addition, BNY Mellon is a strategic partner to a variety of financial technology companies and a convener of influential industry and market structure forums. What we are doing We launched just over two years ago a global digital team, led by Roman Regelman, who is also CEO of Asset Servicing. The Digital team drives BNY Mellon's core digitization strategy and is responsible for mapping our digital future, investing in digital capabilities, including analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain and others. The Digital team focuses on maximizing the impact of our investments in digital capabilities by driving significant improvements in business performance, developing new service offerings / products as well as enhancing client and employee experience. The team is accelerating execution of the bank's innovation strategy. Role responsibilities As a member of the Advanced Digital Solutions team, the primary focus and responsibilities will be to deliver high value products / solutions and advance the digital agenda across the enterprise - more specifically delivering digital asset servicing capabilities. Main responsibilities will include:
- Evaluate digital asset service opportunities across BNY Mellon businesses. Develop strategy and roadmap to bring compelling digital asset services to clients
- Serve as Blockchain, DLT solutions expert to build digital asset servicing capabilities in partnership with business teams and technology. This includes designing and delivering pilots.
- Design and build future state architecture to support new and existing Blockchain, DLT use cases.
- Evaluate different Blockchain protocols / platforms to explore solution alternatives. Serve as a trusted technical and architectural advisor to deliver blockchain based solutions.
- Provide guidance on blockchain, DLT capabilities - available internally or in the marketplace - to determine best path forward factoring in feasibility, maturity of solutions, cost, time to market etc.
Qualifications Advanced Degree in Math, Science / Engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Preferred Qualifications:
- At least 4 years of hands on experience in designing and developing Blockchain, DLT solutions
- Deep technical understanding of leading blockchain protocols, strengths and gaps
- Strong experience with the Hyperledger Fabric, R3 Corda, and other protocols
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Java, C++, Go, NodeJS
- Strong experience designing and developing Distributed Systems, and Microservices
- Solid understanding of Cryptography, Encryption, and Automation
- Previous experience of container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of traditional storage architecture as well as storage virtualization
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services such as Google, Microsoft or Amazon
- Familiarity with using Git or other version control software for source code management
- Experience working with fin-techs / start-ups in the blockchain / DLT space a plus
- Entrepreneurial and results oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to accomplish goals through others, including employees, peers, and other function/business areas of the company
- 10-12 years of related experience preferred
- Experience in the securities, financial services, or asset management industry
Bachelors degree in business or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of related experience preferred. Experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred.