|Date Posted||September 17, 2021|
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The position will join the company's technology team, to build and manage tools for investors, Broker Dealers, Blockchain Validators, and other network participants
The company is building the first compliant ecosystem for digital asset securities (blockchain securities)
The main responsibilities are:
- Design and implement secure cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
- Work within systems that secure the company's cryptocurrency assets from motivated attackers.
- Instrument high-signal alerts from production infrastructure events to provide early indicators of network attacks and compromises.
- Create playbooks of what to do in the case of such events.
- Monitor for unsafe and uncertain conditions and design fallback systems to support the stability of the network.
- Work with infrastructure and core runtime engineers to design and implement hardened, layered systems.
- Work with security engineers around securing digital assets in a production environment
- Respond to security alerts and triage incident response management.
- Work with core developer teams on security-critical projects, reviewing architecture designs and automating critical infrastructure tasks
- Refine alerting rules to improve signal/noise ratio of operational health and security
The main qualifications are:
- Solid foundation in Cryptography
- Deep knowledge of UNIX/Linux system internals such as system calls, TCP/IP and debugging tools.
- Experience with hardening the security of VPC and on-premise systems
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration systems (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, ACS, GKE).
- Experience engineering and operating 24/7 public-facing infrastructure.
- Ability to debug complex systems running in uncertain environments.
- Experience evaluating risk and implementing security detections and protections.
- Experience instrumenting infrastructure with a variety of detections that provide high-signal, early indicators of intrusion and dangerous misconfiguration.
- Experience with configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Terraform, and Vagrant
- Thinks automation first
Nice to Have:
- If you have designed, implemented and worked with both hot and cold key storage systems.
- Having a working understanding of cryptocurrency infrastructure and proof-of-stake would be a notable plus
- Experience with new and novel networking protocols, such as libp2p, dat, and quic.
- Experience with C++/Rust/Go or other system languages.
- Experience with Matrix servers
- Experience operating blockchain nodes
- OffSec certifications like the OSCP and OSWE, and Kubernetes certificates like CKA and CKS will also stand out
Competitive Base Salary subject to experience