|Date Posted||March 10, 2021|
Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a DevOps Engineer to work in Durham, North Carolina or Merrimack, New Hampshire or Salt Lake City, Utah.
Fidelity Center for Applied Technology (FCAT) has the mission to catalyze innovation for Fidelity and our clients and supports the entire Fidelity businesses. Within FCAT there is a group leading the efforts on how Blockchain technology could both redefine our current businesses and provide new opportunities for new products and services. We currently have a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers, researchers, designers, product managers, security and compliance professionals tackling a number of opportunities.
The Purposeof Your Role
You will work with a tremendously hardworking and diverse DEVOPS team responsible for building and maintaining multiple environments. You will bring cloud management and sysadmin skills for application deployment and management while assisting in build engineering activities and looking for ways to automate the end-to-end deployment process. You have a passion for technology tempered by a level-headed approach to problem solving, and experience with cloud technologies and various CI/CD tools.
TheExpertise You Have
- 5 or more years of experience in a DevOps/Engineering role.
- Experience with automated application build and support using Maven, Gradle or other build tools
- Experience writing Python, Groovy, go and Bash scripts.
- Experience with performing version control and continuous integration of build, deploy, and test, using tools like Jenkins, Stash, Concourse and uDeploy.
- Experience with configuration management and infrastructure management systems like Ansible, Chef, Docker, CloudFormation.
- Experience with container technologies like Docker. LWC and containerization orchestration tools like ECS, AKS, EKS preferred.
- Experience with monitoring systems such as CloudWatch, Datadog/Splunk, ELK stack.
- Basic knowledge of open source platforms (Apache, Tomcat etc.).
- Experience with Cloud technologies with cloud providers AWS, Azure, GCP etc.
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud Devops services such as IAM, VPC, ECS, Lambda, RDS.
- Have a working knowledge of databases, SQL and NOSQL (MongoDB/CouchDB/DynamoDB).
- Experience with configuring and installing Mem Cached databases like Redis.
- Experience with streaming platforms like Kafka preferred.
- Some experience with Front-end (React JS) and Back-end (NodeJS, Java, Spring) experience.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
The Skills You Bring
- Work with internal Fidelity release groups to setup and maintain Non-Prod and Production environments infrastructure and CI/CD efforts.
- Seek out opportunities to develop and improve existing automation processes.
- Monitor the health of our production applications.
- Troubleshoot and debug CI/CD issues, with a willingness to resolve problems.
- Collect and report on operational metrics for SLA reporting and capacity planning.
- Collaborate with other groups by seeking, using and giving feedback.
- Strong grasp of Unix-based operating processing systems (Linux).
- Strong containerization technologies experience in hybrid cloud platforms.
- Strong experience with IAAC tools is a plus.
- Cloud and Infrastructure experience is a strong plus.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, results driven environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments in order to complete the application or interview process. Please email us at HR@ ftsjobs.com if you would like to request an accommodation.
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.