|Published||November 13, 2022|
Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory Associate Software Engineer - Digital Assets/Blockchain
Do you thrive in times of disruption? Have a drive to be a part of the technology evolution and a passion for turning challenges and opportunities into long-term competitive advantages? As an Associate Software Engineer in our Hybrid-Operate group, you'll have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals across diverse industries.
Work you'll do
As an Associate Software Engineer, you will work with clients and engagement teams to help them in assessing new and emerging digital asset technologies, identifying audit risks, performing procedures to address risks, and building our digital asset auditing applications around technologies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. This is a high visibility role and will drive cross functional collaboration, providing leadership and project management for strategic initiatives and system implementations. You will be required to research, collaborate, and report out on risks and mitigating factors associated with various digital asset ecosystems. The position provides excellent opportunity to:
* Work as a subject matter resource for supporting client engagement teams in assessing risk of digital asset ecosystems including, but not limited to misappropriation of assets, accuracy and completeness of blockchain data, technical, compliance, and governance risks
* Identify strategic risks and opportunities in the digital asset ecosystem based on industry insights, latest academic research, exchange with colleagues
* Educate clients and internal teams on digital assets
* Prepare technical documentation and diagrams for digital assets and contribute to developing auditing guidance with a focus on topical areas: private key management, smart contract platforms, multi-signature arrangements, privacy coins, protocol governance, byzantine fault tolerance, proof-of-work, and proof-of-stake consensus models
* Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to analyze, design, and/or implement products and services
* Analyze, design, code, and test digital asset related software components with an eye for building functional, performant, scalable, production software
* Demonstrate deep knowledge of client's business environments and basic risk management approaches
* Demonstrate knowledge of market trends, competitor activities, and Deloitte's products and service lines
* Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients with the intention to exceed client expectations
We are a small but rapidly growing team of geographically dispersed digital asset and blockchain enthusiasts that serve as subject matter resources for the Assurance and Internal Audit practice. You will be working directly with senior level team members that are partially or completely focused on blockchain and digital asset related projects. Our specialists understand the dynamics of serving complex, global clients across multiple industries, and the importance of increasing transparency around business performance. We provide specialized audit and internal control services for external audit clients and other services for financial reporting. Learn more about our Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte.
* Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
* A strong understanding of Windows Based systems and proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
* Ability to travel up to 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
* Strong academic track record (GPA of 3.2 preferred)
* Relevant work experience (e.g., internships, summer positions, school jobs)
* Software development experience with a focus on digital asset and blockchain technology
* Understanding of cryptographic algorithms utilized by public blockchain networks (e.g., elliptic curve, symmetric and public key cryptography, hashing and other cryptography related topics)
* Understanding of digital assets and have worked with at least one open source project such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
* Passion for the cryptocurrency/blockchain space
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in New York City, Jersey City, Colorado, or Nevada, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to New York City, Jersey City, State of Colorado, and the State of Nevada and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $80,000 to $90,000.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 114928