|Date Posted||October 14, 2021|
ALTA IT Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of System One, a leading provider of specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. ALTA is an established leader in IT Staffing and Services, for both government and commercial enterprises across the United States, specializing in Program & Project Management, Application Development, Cybersecurity, Data & Advanced Analytics, and Agile Transformation Services.
ALTA IT Services is seeking a Senior Developer/Data Scientist to provide mission focused support services to one of our federal clients. The personnel will work in tandem with a SME/Architect to support the agency personnel with pattern recognition, data routines, data loading and transformation tasks related to blockchain and digital cryptocurrencies. Responsibilities include:
• Support services by performing data analysis for the blockchain technology development
• Understand and work on the major and critical data points in cryptocurrency transactions.
• Understand and work on links and correlation between transactions within crypto data
• Analyze business requirements to understand the business needs and to determine example code and applications to meet the customer needs using blockchain data
• Evaluate, understand requirements, and develop use cases working with business users
• Develop analytical scripts for the documented use cases using modern programming languages
• Work with the subject matter expert to design end-to-end solutions, describe product configurations
• Support business users with data elements, data mapping and creation of technical documentation as requested
• Support implementation of data ingestion, including the process of extracting, transforming, loading, clustering, and modeling data using ETL tools or custom routines
• Create ETL scripts and automation routines
• Use scripting languages to perform extract crypto data and run analytics
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics or similar program
• Knowledge of data structures, especially crypto technology
• Experience with docker containers, cloud computing and EMR
• Experience with ETL, data processing, database programming and data analytics
• Building application programming interfaces using REST or similar technologies Experience in relational and NoSQL database such as MongoDB
• Expert with SQL, Python or R and ability to drill into the data and gain valuable insights
• Experience in Splunk, Tableau, Power BI and other analytics and Visualization tools
• Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail and high-quality output
• Experience developing software applications and features in an Agile environment.
• Self-motivated and able to tackle challenging, complex problems in an individual or team-based setting.
• Experience with AWS, docker containers and cloud computing
• Experience in Blockchain technologies, methodologies and tools
• Experience in relational and NoSQL database such as MongoDB
• Expert in SQL, Python, Json or R and ability to drill into the data to gain valuable insights
• Experience in Splunk, i2, Tableau, Power BI and other analytics and Visualization tools
• Experience working with Linux and Ubuntu OS
• Knowledge and experience with public and private blockchain architecture, tools, and methodologies
• Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail
ALTA IT Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.