|Date Posted||May 1, 2021|
We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Torqata, a subsidiary data and analytics company of American Tire Distributors (ATD), is looking for an outstanding Data Engineer to support our customer onboarding, associated data processes and infrastructure underlying Torqata’s SaaS tools, sales data integrations and ongoing health assessment of our customers data quality. You will be part of a cross-functional team working to enhance, automate and streamline our customer journey. The individual needs to be a driven, collaborative problem solver with outstanding cloud data engineering and technical skills. This role will require an engineer to complete root cause analysis, synthesis patterns or trends across a horizontal platform and an ability to articulate solutions. The ideal candidate must have very strong communication and analytical skills, an ability to work as part of an Agile team, and a driven curiosity to solve challenging problems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and improve aspects of the Torqata onboarding processes
- Ingest, analyze, and understand customer sales data including performing tasks to load data, analyze scorecard metrics, understand issues with the data, and make updates to the data cleaning system to improve the quality of associated data processing
- Partner closely with Product managers to articulate any issues with the data and recommended/implement fixes
- Design and develop cloud-based systems for ingesting customer and 3rd party data across multiple sources in real time and via streaming processes.
- Design and deploy functionality within a microservice framework based on Google Cloud using Kubernetes
- Build and maintain ETL/ELT processes on jointly defined requirements for the data pipeline
- Operationalize existing processing in line with best practices
- Implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize efficiency and quality
- Perform bug fixing and performance analysis along the data pipeline
- Analyze and manage third party and other external data sets
- Follow an agile development methodology
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related subject
- 1+ years of experience working with cloud data architectures, data wrangling and pipelining, data modeling/normalization, database design/development, and data analysis.
- Experience managing data pipelines working with at least one major cloud provider (GCP preferred but not required)
- Experience with modern data technology platforms and tools (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Kubernetes)
- Operational experience in a production environment
- Solid python experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Independent problem solver capable of recommending and subsequently delivering effective data solutions
- Ability to “glue” disparate systems together smoothly and seamlessly
- Experience or strong interest in building and scaling a product in a growth stage startup
- Curious, driven, critical-thinking problem solver
- Professional attitude and service orientation; superb team player
Additional / Nice to Haves
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with Python data engineering technologies like pandas, numpy, scipy
- Experience with Python Databases/ORM, i.e. psycopg2, SQLAlchemy, Django
- Experience productizing APIs and data
- Experience with Blockchain (eg, IBM Blockchain Platform)
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R14749