|Date Posted||September 13, 2020|
Ref ID: 02720-0011556969
Classification: Security Network Engineer
Responsible for overseeing network operations, IT and cyber security application deployment and integration that are used in the online trading and workplace platforms. The online trading business requires active support to maintain, and evolve the network infrastructure to ensure access controls and proxys, firewalls, external data communications, security infrastructure, network and wireless infrastructure and network analysis tools are optimized for business and for defense against cyber-attack.
The Network IT/ Cyber Manager must be a hands-on leader to ensure network infrastructure, processes and operating services will meet business needs, priorities and SLAs via configuration, deployment, support and active management. The candidate takes a lead role in resolving incidents, delivering and reporting on capacity, performance and SLA metrics, mitigating risks and ensuring service availability, assessing, communicating and prioritizing operational risks to network services and operating in a 24x7 rotating support of the network architecture. The Network IT/ Cyber Manager functions are expected to expand with business and product rollout requiring proactive mindset and ability to work with a high degree of focus while building a new team that the candidate will be expected to lead within the CTO office.
• Responsible for metric driven operations focused on the performance, reliability, security and cost of the Workplace production environments.
• Leadership and day to day oversight across our various operations teams, helping to instill a culture of ownership, automation, re-use and efficiency.
• Manage and support the Workplace production environments including problem tracking, change management, service levels agreements, performance monitoring, capacity planning, and vendor management.
• Ability to drive technical decision making through objectively assessing trade-offs based on architecture, scope, business priorities, and impacts to customer experience.
• Maintain expert knowledge in the field of operations, and stay current with industry practices across a wide range of topics from security to networking.
• Evaluate technology risks across the various business process flows, including application design, development, testing practices, as well as technology control design, operation and validation