|Published||September 19, 2022|
This position is a contract position, not a full time position and is posted for immediate hire.
The Colorado Constitution, Article XII, Section 13 requires that applicants for state classified government jobs be residents of Colorado, unless this requirement is waived by the State Personnel Board. If the residency requirement has been waived for an announced vacancy, it will be noted on the job announcement and applications will be considered from individuals who are not residents of Colorado. This announcement does not include a residency waiver.
About The Department of Treasury:
The Colorado State Treasury is the constitutional custodian of the public's funds. It is the Treasury's duty to manage and account for the citizen's tax dollars from the time they are received until the time they are disbursed. The Treasury's staff is committed to safeguarding and managing the people's monies with the same diligence and care as they do their own.
The State Treasurer and his staff serve the citizens of Colorado by providing banking, investment, and accounting services for all funds and assets deposited in the Treasury. By continually optimizing cash flows and maximizing yield on the state's investments, Treasurer Young plays an important role in helping to minimize the tax burden on Coloradans.
The Department of the Treasury is organized into five different operating divisions: Accounting, Investments, Cash Management, Secure Savings, and Administration. The Treasurer is also responsible for managing the state's unclaimed property division - The Great Colorado Payback.
In addition to rewarding and meaningful work, we offer:
* Strong, secure, yet flexible retirement benefits including PERA Defined Benefit Plan or PERA Defined Contribution Plan plus 401K and 457 plans;
* Medical and dental health plans;
* Paid life insurance;
* Short and long term disability coverage;
* Remote work Options
* 11 paid holidays per year in addition to vacation and sick leave; and
* Excellent work-life programs, training opportunities and more.
"The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law"
Our Agency website: treasury.colorado.gov/ Description of Job
NOTE: Applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume at time of application to be considered for this position.
The Colorado State Treasurer's Office is seeking a Research Analyst (Analyst) to conduct a feasibility study on the use of security token offerings, through the use of blockchain technology, as an alternative for state capital financings.
A security token offering is a capital financing method, in which security tokens - which are digital, liquid contracts, made verifiable and secure through the use of blockchain technology that establish a token owner's right to a fraction of a financial asset - are sold to investors. § 24-36-121.5 (1)(b)(II), CRS.
Senate Bill 22-025 tasks the State Treasurer with determining the feasibility of using security token offerings for state capital financings, and making a recommendation to the General Assembly regarding the use of security token offerings in future state financings. Items to be considered may include, but are not limited to:
* Definitions and common terminology
* Discussion of the blockchain process;
* Decentralized ledgers and data custody;
* Scalability of the process for state financing;
* Opportunities to reduce financing costs through the use of blockchain technology and security token offerings;
* Opportunities to broaden the range of investors participating in state financings;
* Regulatory and compliance issues;
* Colorado constitutional and statutory provisions that might impact use of blockchain technology
The Analyst will review and analyze relevant data, and is expected to connect with experts in the field to ultimately compile a report of findings and recommendations regarding feasibility.
The final report is due on March 1, 2023.
This position is a contract position only AND is posted for immediate hire. This position is not considered a full-time position in the State Treasurer's Office.
The selected applicant may be a) an individual or b) an entity that provides research and analytic services. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates are REQUIRED to submit both of the following with the application:
* Cover letter expressing interest in this position and outlining relevant experience
* A resume or CV of education and work experience
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
Successful applicants should be able to demonstrate successful completion of work including, but not limited to:
* Evidence of strong verbal and written communication skills;
* Strong research background and skills;
* Past experience researching and/or compiling complex information into a reportable document
Additional appropriate experience and education in finance, research and administration will substitute for above mentioned qualifications.
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination.
Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
* A COVER LETTER AND RESUME ARE REQUIRED ATTACHMENTS ON THE ONLINE APPLICATION FOR THIS POSITION
* Salary commensurate with experience
* Conditions of employment:
* A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted as part of the selection process, and/or other department specific screens as required. Felony convictions or conviction of crimes or moral turpitude or conviction of misdemeanors related to job duties may disqualify you from being considered for this position.
* Comparative Analysis Process: is the selection process used to identify the applicant that fits the job the best from a qualified applicant pool. Applications and applicants are compared to others in the pool to identify a top group. Applicants will be notified to their status in the pool via email.
* Effective September 20, 2021, employees will be required to attest to and verify whether or not they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Employees who have not been fully vaccinated may be required to submit to serial testing in the future. Upon hire, new employees will have three (3) business days to provide attestation to their status with proof of vaccination. Vaccinated employees must provide proof of vaccination.
Note: Fully Vaccinated means two (2) weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series of the COVID-19 vaccine, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two (2) weeks after the single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine, as defined by the most recent State of Colorado's Public Health Order and current guidance issued by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.
"The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Department of Treasury is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, our agency will assist individuals who have a disability with any reasonable accommodation requests related to employment, including completing the application process, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, participating in the employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions where the requested accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodation to ensure you have a positive experience applying or interviewing for this position, please direct your inquiries to our HR Director, Charles Scheibe, at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call 303-866-5826."